Inmotion V13 - First ride on a 22" wheel

Jono

1 hour ago, Jono said:

always wanted to ride the V13 and now I have! I made a comparison video

Thanks for the video, however i would say that you can't just jump on the v13 and review it. It takes quite a bit of getting used to and there are so many setting possibility's effecting your ride , you really need some time on it and to play with some settings. I wasn't super happy with mine at first but now i love the wheel. Wish it had a little more low end torque but it will turn into my full time street wheel after i get the adventure and it accels at that. Seems you and @Forwardnbak haunt some of the same territory and Josh seems like a real stand up guy. Would be cool to see you both ride together.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Are you happy with your pick of wheels, now that you’ve tried both? 

Very happy with the Sherman S. It did take a long time to get setup just right. I changed the footplates, seat and powerpads. Then I had to keep moving the pads around to be just right. The brake pad is right up on my calf so when I brake it immediately engages. The fronts require quite a lean to contact. Back on the Kenda K262 at 24PSI from Michelin Pilot Street 2 and loving the versatility for hitting off-road whenever. It is fast AF! since it holds a line and greatly reduces train tracking. plus the large knobs smooth out the ride by complying over the smaller bumps.
It seems the Large wheels need a longer break in and setup period.

20 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Thanks for the video, however i would say that you can't just jump on the v13 and review it. It takes quite a bit of getting used to and there are so many setting possibility's effecting your ride , you really need some time on it and to play with some settings. I wasn't super happy with mine at first but now i love the wheel. Wish it had a little more low end torque but it will turn into my full time street wheel after i get the adventure and it accels at that. Seems you and @Forwardnbak haunt some of the same territory and Josh seems like a real stand up guy. Would be cool to see you both ride together.

Cheers Pun, Yeah that's fair. I'm hoping to get back on it later this week and test some of the app settings. Since it just didn't feel right and i've been getting comments about this. It's still informative to see initial impressions for the learning curve and intuitiveness of a wheel etc.  
Glad you're enjoying it! what are some settings I should play with? power assist? split riding mode? I wasn't stoked with the stock power pads but they seemed ok.

Yes! we're (Forwardnbak) hoping to meet up for a ride sesh and maybe collab :)
Cheers 

10 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

As soon as we can line up the calendars we are going NY style & racing for Pink Slips! :) - jokes  

Looking forward to running with you Jon, you do great things for EUC.  

(We are actually probably related Australia is a very small island)

Hey mate! haha ah nooo pink slips :P 100% going to make it happen. I'd love to see more of Brissy and your ride tracks. You too, keep it up! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jono said:

On 12/10/2023 at 5:43 PM, Hellkitten said:

Are you happy with your pick of wheels, now that you’ve tried both? 

Very happy with the Sherman S. It did take a long time to get setup just right. I changed the footplates, seat and powerpads. Then I had to keep moving the pads around to be just right. The brake pad is right up on my calf so when I brake it immediately engages. The fronts require quite a lean to contact.

Nice! I picked a Sherman S over a V13 as well. I wanted more range than the inmotion offered. I agree with you on the pad setup. I had some smaller grizzlas on mine then changed to the larger flow pads. Much better. I also found changing my pedal angle helped a lot with acceleration and maneuverability. Im currently at -4 forward degree. Try it out if you haven’t, made a huge positive change for me. 
I’d love to see some collaboration with you and @Forwardnbak that would be cool. Thanks for the content! 

• Like 2

On 12/12/2023 at 10:16 AM, Hellkitten said:

Nice! I picked a Sherman S over a V13 as well. I wanted more range than the inmotion offered. I agree with you on the pad setup. I had some smaller grizzlas on mine then changed to the larger flow pads. Much better. I also found changing my pedal angle helped a lot with acceleration and maneuverability. Im currently at -4 forward degree. Try it out if you haven’t, made a huge positive change for me. 
I’d love to see some collaboration with you and @Forwardnbak that would be cool. Thanks for the content! 

It's rare to hear anyone knocking the Sherman S. Just Dawn who prefers the EX30 back in those review videos. Glad you're enjoying it!
cheers for the tips!

• Like 2