Segway hoover board help

Kiwi68

Hi guy, 

I brought the young fella a segway hoover board, when you had turned it on as soon as you place any weight on the pads even with your hands it takes off but violently to the extreme where we won't even let the young fella on it, anyway he's a dear devil and he won't get on it.

Any surgestions? ??? Please

8 hours ago, Kiwi68 said:

Hi guy, 

I brought the young fella a segway hoover board, when you had turned it on as soon as you place any weight on the pads even with your hands it takes off but violently to the extreme where we won't even let the young fella on it, anyway he's a dear devil and he won't get on it.

Any surgestions? ??? Please

I'm afraid none of us are miracle workers. With no idea whatsoever what you have got (other than it's clearly nothing to do with Segway - the nearest thing to a hoverboard they make is the Ninebot mini, which should be a lot easier to ride.) we can't hope to have any idea what is wrong. I take it any instructions or possibly even an App that can be connected to tame it down in "Learner Mode" might be too much to ask?

Actually, I suspect there may be nothing wrong, if the riders weight is not central on the pads it moves, I.e weight towards the toes that wheel moves forwards, towards the heels it moves backwards. Very small amounts of pressure are needed to move slowly, put your full weight forward or backwards and it will accelerate as fast as it can. These things do require every bit as much skill, perservance and protective gear as a skateboard - and a reasonable size area to practice in - I.e. Not your lounge. How old is the rider?

• 4 weeks later...

How much does he weigh? There is a minimum weight limit that the child has to be in order to ride. The board moves by the shifting of your weight. If he doesnt weigh enough then the board begins to shake violently. If its going too fast then he is tilting his feet too far forward. Tell him to place the outward sides of his feet against the wheel cover for better steering. You may need to hold his hands until he gets comfortable on it. I would suggest recalibrating it first off.

Most boards also have two different modes that alot of people dont know about. When you turn the board on push the power button a second time and it will blink twice. The second mode is for faster speeds. it slows your turns down to decrease the risk of falling if your going too fast.

19 hours ago, vsonger01 said:

How much does he weigh? There is a minimum weight limit that the child has to be in order to ride. The board moves by the shifting of your weight. If he doesnt weigh enough then the board begins to shake violently. If its going too fast then he is tilting his feet too far forward. Tell him to place the outward sides of his feet against the wheel cover for better steering. You may need to hold his hands until he gets comfortable on it. I would suggest recalibrating it first off.

Most boards also have two different modes that alot of people dont know about. When you turn the board on push the power button a second time and it will blink twice. The second mode is for faster speeds. it slows your turns down to decrease the risk of falling if your going too fast.

Ironically Enough, I ran into this problem on a board I was working on last night after I wrote this post. The problem is in the wiring in the tire. I replaced the whole tire and it fixed the issue.

Archived