Need help finding dealer of my InMotion V11

romanator

Hello fellow riders, I'm in a bit of a pickle and hope that maybe there is a solution. 

Here's the situation, my InMotion V11 was locked out (for safety/hidden danger as the app put it) I contacted InMotion support in China, uploaded my wheels log to them, they reviewed, told me that I need to replace my left battery, they said that they will warranty it and unlock after I replace and charge it but I need to go through the original dealer. 

Problem is, I don't know who the original dealer is because I purchased the wheel used from someone locally. I dont have the person's contact to ask, only info I have is that InMotion told me that it was purchased from a domestic dealer. 

So my question is, does anyone know of a way to find out which dealer it came from by maybe the serial number or something like that? Not sure if they would deal with me anyways since I'm not the original owner/purchaser but thought it might be worth asking if I can find out who to ask and since InMotion said they'll warranty then maybe it won't be too much of a hassle for them. Or am I sol? 

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Roman 

• Like 1

I had a similar problem.  Seems that Inmotion is only willing to ship parts to a dealer.  I purchased a driver board from Speedy Feet UK and, when that failed catastropically, they sent the replacement parts to Speedy Feet directly rather than to me, and they in turn had to ship it again to get 'em to me here in Canada. 

That said, you might be able to reach out to a local dealer and ask if they could be the middleman for you.

Edited by macgyvercanada

I had the same problem, in fact I had the invoice and the name of the dealer, but the wheel was 2 1/2 years old. The dealer never wanted me to get the parts for free, even if inmotion global  said that it is covered outside of warranty and for security reasons. The reseller in France is called NEW WALKING or Green 220....In the end inmotion global sent me the motherboard directly from China by dhl, I had to  pay taxes and fees but it was much cheaper than the price of the card.