What is the max amps that the mten4 can be charged at?

I have 2 chargers plus the stock 1.5amp chargers.

I bought a 5amp charger from Ali express & a charger from a UK seller I trust on eBay. 

The UK sellers charger can be changed from 2.5amps to 5amps.

I have deduced from trying these out, that the mten4 doesn't charge at 5amps.

Can anyone confirm this for me?

I don't have a multi metre not anoter 84v wheel to show Ali express that the charger most likely works fine but the wheel itself 750wh version mten4 doesn't charge at 5amps.

I'm about to run out of time regarding a return & due to a very complicated situation making time & money so tight I couldn't just buy a multi metre to test this for them, I'm left only this option, reach out for advice as there is nothing online anywhere that I could quickly find about the max amps the mten4 will charge at. 

I only bought the charger as the Ali express seller guaranteed this charger would charge the mten4. 

I hope all this makes sense.

Yours faithfully

Santi 

Santino Tayler-Barrett 🙏🏻

I don't know about the Mten4 but I believe the bms boards on the RS had a 3A limit.

If you get a charger with a variable limit you can set it to the maximum amperage. I think that's probably the best solution as it's possible that what's written on the enclosure isn't exactly what it's outputting. 

It would be annoying to get a charger that's only outputting 3.2A and have it cut off.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about the cells. At 750Wh (is it?) it's got a 20S2P pack of 5Ah 21700 cells. Standard charge is about 0.5C.

That makes 5A for that pack, which isn't even considered fast charging. We're talking cell individual limits. It is possible that the bms or pack as a whole shouldn't be charged over 5A.

Edited by alcatraz
  • Like 1

I asked this exact question in the menten 4 main thread a week or so ago. I was told 3.5 amps. I haven’t tried it yet though. 

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Thanks 1