V13 with MIchelin Tire a good idea ?

Finn Bjerke

19 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

I ride my v13 on roads only So I wonder if michelin tire is a better idea

Absolutely, super quiet and doesn't track like the knobby. Also makes it much more maneuverable, you can lean it right over.

20 minutes ago, Finn Bjerke said:

How much work is it ? Im not a techie

It's not as difficult as some EUC's

2cells has a pretty decent video on it.

If you are having trouble mounting the tire, make sure the other side is in the center of the rim, never go past 90° with the tire irons and you can use dish soap and water to temporally lubricate the tire bead. I would definitely suggest lubing the pilot 2 tire as it fits very snug on the rim and may require 50 psi to properly seat it on the rim, then you can reduce it to normal pressure. I feel it rides best at 35psi but others would argue differently. All i can say is try different pressures until you like it. Good luck and don't forget the 2 lock washers on the dampers before you marry the wheel to the housing.

• Like 1

A freind of mine tried a Michelin street tire on Sherman OG and hated it.  He claims the EUC is difficult to steer - it wants to go straight he claims, I also gather that some folks love urban tires mainly Michelin. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke

9 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

OK Ill do this

So i didn't watch the entire video before suggesting it but after watching a few other parts i would say, do not use power tools in any part of the process, there is no need, you won't save that much time in the end and your chance to strip something or over and under torque things is greatly increased. Make sure you use a torque wrench on the axle bolts. The stuff on the controller terminals is clear silicone, it is there to eliminate the chance of one of those terminals corroding/rusting. when you re-assemble it make sure clean the surface with a plastic scraper. Do not use metal or it will damage the surface and you want the best contact in the world for these wires. Make sure you don't have any silicone between the spade and the terminal before you snug the wire down, then re apply a little clear silicone again on each. Do not over torque these bolts as they are soldered to a pc board. You can also hold the wire with you other hand to keep it from twisting when you torque it down. Of all bolts do not stupidly use a power tool on these. Also make sure you snug down the dampener screws by sliding a small bar through the tool and carefully snug up the nut more than hand tight, You don't want the nut coming loose, it tugs on this nut every rebound of the suspension. Lastly, the 4 screws under the  rubber covers . If you notice they have a more aggressive thread and this is for biting into plastic so be very careful not to strip these(a few people have), just make sure the cover is all the way down and snug them up. It seems like a lot but take your time and be methodical about everything and it will work out fine, you will love that tire for the street. That's what its made for, just watch out for mud and wet leaves....:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The Knobby would have performed better however I use my my v13 for ON road only - I have s22 and Sherman S for off roading (lucky me) This bloke LOVES the street tire why? BEcaouse he hates the knubby for him its killing the funfactor and makes the EUC behave like a train from the Soviet Union. (Political joke ---- Illegal in USA, China and Sweden.)
  Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.

Ingen tilgængelig billedbeskrivelse.
Kan være et billede af tekst

The street tire my freind testet is a different type - the pilot 2 seems to come in 3 variations 80/90-16 is the number for Michelin Pilot street 2  - this one get love on facebook - I wonder where in Denmark I can get it ?
323272403_5741451019269985_5441648031781