Recommend me an EUC for offroad, long range, and paved trails..

Looking for 1 that does all of those.  I ride mostly on paved trails 50+miles, but would like to take it out on unpaved, dirt trails and perhaps . some off roading. Top speed is not important to me.

Budget is $4000.

Currently looking at the Sherman S and Begode EX30

Edited by Glock43x
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, skunkmonkey said:

the Veteran Patton seems to jump out as a contender.

+1.

For the O.P.'s use-case, the Patton would be a good wheel, out-of-the-box without the headaches, relatively speaking, assuming he won't be going 30+ mph. Higher speeds drain the battery more rapidly.

Although, the 3600 Wh wheels would give more range, they won't be as easy to ride, especially for someone come up from an older 16" wheel. One can get use to the bigger wheels though, given enough time. For roadways, the bigger wheels may make more sense for some riders, but for the O.P.'s use-case, doing paved and dirt trails, the Patton class of wheels does seemed more appropriate.

• Like 1

My personal opinion would be Sherman S, patton or the ex30. I think you’re on the right track. If you can test ride those before you buy that would obviously be the best for you. The patton would be the easiest for you to transition to from a 16” wheel. If you go for the SS or ex30 expect to take some time to get used to the heavier weight and tire size. It took me about 700-1000kms to feel confident on my SS and I came from a V11.

• Like 1