Thread locker gel, USB and manual air pump

Bob Eisenman

So....I found that my Ninebot Max G30 had almost daily bolt loosening at the junction of the handle bar (inserted into) and vertical stem.

Following a short ride on a stone and embedded rock riddled path in the woods one of the six attaching bolts had completely worked its way loose. The handle bar was actively moving by a quarter of an inch relative to the stem. I'd left the special tool at home needed to tighten the bolts.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1G9T84DDB9NsMX_CDgN7NtS7px9iaehhT

Internet sources suggested 'thread locker' as the solution. Although Loctite was the recommended product it's availability was absent when I went shopping. Permatex blue gel was purchased at Home Depot.

Since replacing the list bolt from an eBay supplier, locking the threads with Permatex thread locker and allowing the bond to harden overnight the daily bolt loosening has stopped.

My issue with rear tire deflation by many psi while detaching the hand pump/inflation extender is caused by reduced access to the stem relative to the motor free front wheel. The motor reduces the available amount of tire stem to the gripping hand. A fast detach inflator stem would remedy the problem. 

A battery powered product listed in 'Pevoutlet' comes highly recommended from a YouTube source. The inflator includes a quick release adapter and recharges via USB.

https://pevoutlet.com/product/electric-tire-pump/

For now my 'Blackburn' manual tire inflator from Walmart works fine, is small and requires not much arm force to pump a tire on the Ninebot Max G30.