So when is an EUC "broken in"?

onewheelkoregro

Great topic @onewheelkoregro! It takes about 1000km. That first distance is a proving time to get all the boards replaced and motor evened out. I think I might have caused some uneven wear on my motor by climbing steep hills to soon, and raising my average riding speed a bit. During this time the wheel was also breaking me in.

I have been having the same kind of question, "When should a wheel be retired?"

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, earthtwin said:

Great topic @onewheelkoregro! It takes about 1000km. That first distance is a proving time to get all the boards replaced and motor evened out. I think I might have caused some uneven wear on my motor by climbing steep hills to soon, and raising my average riding speed a bit. During this time the wheel was also breaking me in.

I have been having the same kind of question, "When should a wheel be retired?"

I was going to ask that as well. When is it time to retire a wheel?

The last time I took my KS14D apart, I noticed that the wires that go through the center of the motor were showing conductor material through the sheething. I reparied them with electrical tape so that they wouldn't short out, yet I know that was only a short term repair. It's been a couple of years since I rebuilt it, so it's time to overhaul it again. I'd like to upgrade my 14D with suspension when I do. I wonder if mosfets wear out over time? I suppose a complete tear down and inspection is likely the responsible thing to do every 3 years.

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2023 at 3:17 PM, Robse said:

haha :-)   addition; And when you have got the first scratches in the paint / shell, and therefore think the heck with it, now i can do som rotten riding in the forest, and then it ends up being really broken . . . . in :P

Agreed. My poor v11 has has been VERY broken in. It really needs a new rim. The haptic feedback speedometer is getting old……

• Like 2

• 2 months later...