Optimum settings for my V12

gymnast1946

I've been wearing my golf bag while riding my V12 on the golf course for the past few weeks and am playing 18 holes in under 2 hours.  I know it will go faster but at age 77 I don't want to go too fast.  My question is about settings.  I'm on a hilly course with occasional strong winds.  These are my current settings.  What changes, if any, would you recommend?  I have the volume down to zero so as not to disturb other golfers when putting it on the kickstand. Thanks in advance.

v12-2.jpg

v12-1.jpg

v12-5.jpg

v12-4.jpg

v12-3.jpg

Edited by gymnast1946

Ride settings are very personal. I don't know that you will get much input, and even if you did, I don't know that you would necessarily agree with their opinions. So instead of me telling you what settings I use, I think this will be of more help.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ee-tVZTx3c

Edited by skunkmonkey

2 hours ago, gymnast1946 said:

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?  Anyone?

Yeah as @skunkmonkey mentioned, ride modes are really rider preference. I started on 100% soft mode on my V11 and now I hate that setting. 😂 I’ve found that with more experience I have the stiffer I like my pedals. I also dislike the split mode as I can feel the software working out what to do between acceleration and braking. There’s a brief lag with it on. If I were you I’d take my wheel out for a ride off the golf course and mess around with your settings and see what you like best. 

• Like 1

I have adjusted the settings on my V12HT more than a teenager with the TV remote.  Some days I like…well you get the point!  

Using your EUC for golf is a pretty cool use.  I use mine when I tend my honey bees, sure increased my skills when I am using the EUC more intuitively, when my attention is diverted from the EUC. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback!  I'll experiment with the settings.  Winter is approaching here in Vermont so I won't get much more riding in this year.   I ride at two different courses.  One requires me to go only where the riding carts do while the other (my home course) says I'm okay to go anywhere a push cart goes. You'll note that I only have one power pad.  I'm not comfortable placing my right foot on the footrest with the pad and was riding with neither but I discovered I needed at least one for leverage climbing the steeper hills.  Also, in the video I'm using a lightweight Sunday bag but it doesn't have legs.  I've since switched to my regular standup bag and it works fine.

Edited by gymnast1946
  • Like 1

Unless it's changed from the early versions, Assist Balance (bad translation on the menu?) is used for "parking" the V12, not riding it. You can confirm this yourself. With the V12 on, use the lift switch and put the V12 on it's kickstand with Assist Balance off and on. With Assist Balance on, it is supposed to keep the tire from rolling forwards as you tilt the V12 back to park it on the kickstand. If it's off, the tire will tend to roll forwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

Unless it's changed from the early versions, Assist Balance (bad translation on the menu?) is used for "parking" the V12, not riding it. You can confirm this yourself. With the V12 on, use the lift switch and put the V12 on it's kickstand with Assist Balance off and on. With Assist Balance on, it is supposed to keep the tire from rolling forwards as you tilt the V12 back to park it on the kickstand. If it's off, the tire will tend to roll forwards.

Thanks for the info.  I'll try it tomorrow.

• 2 months later...

The pedal sensitivity is probably one that  people play about with the most. I generally like mine at about 30/35% as I like the wheel to help me rather than fight with me.