Inmotion V10 - almost completely dead

stairway

Hello,

I'm in need of advice. I purchased an used Inmotion V10 and it's broken, with the following behaviour.

-when I first got it, it was completely dead

-I plugged the charger and the only sign of life is the rear light flashing once in about 3 seconds.

-pressing the power-on button will do nothing

-the music Bluetooth works, I can play music on the speakes

-the main Bluetooth is visible in the app but cannot connect

I opened the wheel and I checked:

-the battery voltage is 78v (at the big connector)

-no signs of visible defects

-completely removed the battery and it still supplying 78v. Should it supply whiteout the connection to the driver board?

Did you had any similar situations? Should I buy a new driver board? Could the BMS generate this issue?

Many thanks!

• Like 1

This requires a bit of skill but personally I'd take a real close look at the control board with a magnifying glass and a multimeter. The BMS as well.

Check cables for damage.

On Inmotion V8 and probably V10 I believe the control board needs to communicate the battery to supply output. 

I'm surprised you were able to read 78V on the output terminals. If I do that on my V8 I think it shows like 3v or something of the sort.

Don't give up. Inmotions might appear dead until all the conditions of power up are met. 

I just took apart my wife's V8 motor for an overhaul and I noticed that I can just buy a replacement for 45usd. Parts are relatively cheap for these older inmotions. The challenge for you is to not replace something you don't have to.

Edited by alcatraz

The both BMS and Driver board where checked by a friend of mine who (electronics engineer) and he said everything loock ok ( power supplies and other stuff I don't really know:)))

So his conclusion is that the problem might by from software or some of the "processors" on the boards. 

And you are right, I wouldn't want to spend 200eur on a drive board just to find out it was the BMS...

• Like 1