Veteran Patton First Impressions - 100 Miles (Copied from my Facebook page)

LZMutant

@LZMutant - Thanks for the great writeup. 

I found the comparisons to be particularly helpful, but kinda curious how the apparently <10lbs variance between the Patton and Sherman S makes such a difference in lifting and (vehicle) portability?  Is it more to do with dimensions (e.g. creating awkwardness when lifting)?

Also, I must respectfully disagree with the comment below with regard to aesthetics:

17 hours ago, LZMutant said:

•••THE UGLY•••

The Veteran Patton.  

I’m sorry this is an ugly-ass wheel. It looks like a Volkswagen Thing that drives like.a Porsche. I got some guff online when I compared the Patton to a sports car…. Well, duh - it doesn't look like a sports car - it RIDES like one.

While I'm confident that some bias exists given it's my first wheel; I think that OOTB, at most it's just a bit 'plain', but throw in just the tiniest of tweaks and the Patton starts looking pretty damn sharp...

Edited by Cyberwolf

11 hours ago, Cyberwolf said:

@LZMutant - Thanks for the great writeup. 

I found the comparisons to be particularly helpful, but kinda curious how the apparently <10lbs variance between the Patton and Sherman S makes such a difference in lifting and (vehicle) portability?  Is it more to do with dimensions (e.g. creating awkwardness when lifting)?

Also, I must respectfully disagree with the comment below with regard to aesthetics:

While I'm confident that some bias exists given it's my first wheel; I think that OOTB, at most it's just a bit 'plain', but throw in just the tiniest of tweaks and the Patton starts looking pretty damn sharp...

The ten pounds do make a difference, partially because the wheel is physically smaller.  The mechanics of lifting it are less cumbersome.

Hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I think the most attractive wheel ever made was the Ninebot Z-10.  The Patton just seems very utilitarian to me.  It looks like a Jeep but rides like a Porsche.

Totally respect your opinion though.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@LZMutant very concise write up! I agree with your assessment 100%. I own and regularly ride a Sherman S, and have ridden a friends patton a decent amount. You more or less nailed the differences. I think they complement each other very well and make a great fit in someone’s quiver. 👌🏻

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

@LZMutant very concise write up! I agree with your assessment 100%. I own and regularly ride a Sherman S, and have ridden a friends patton a decent amount. You more or less nailed the differences. I think they complement each other very well and make a great fit in someone’s quiver. 👌🏻

Well put.  :)

• Like 1