14D keeps turning off the Lift to Stop Switch

jimoil

Has anyone else experienced this: the Lift to Stop Switch (in settings) keeps turning off by itself. As a consequence, half of the time I try to lift the wheel for stairs etc. the wheels start spinning like crazy. Then I check the settings and the setting has spontaneously turned off. And sometimes it reports it's on when in practice it clearly was off before entering the settings.

Seems like a (fairly significant) bug. I think this has happened to me both on my old 14D and my new 2023 model. Seems much worse on the newer model.

When you said "in setting," do you mean in your app, Android or Apple? The setting may be one of the issues. Another is the sensor at the bottom of the trolley handle that has to be adjusted. Watch a dis-assembly on KingSong wheel and you'll see after removing the outer shell exposing the trolley handle, a screw on the bottom which could be  tightened or loosened in order to adjust the sensitivity of the trolley handle. I'd fix this issue first and then go back to the app to see what happens. I've got four KingSong wheels and had this issue. I hope this helps! One thing to keep in mind: Whether or not the lift switch work, it doesn't necessarily have to be connected to any app! 

Edited by Scubadragonsan

Yes, the KingSong app on iPhone. It doesn't matter if I connect or not, the problem is the same. I can just check in the app whether it has indeed reverted to off spontaneously. I made sure it sometimes happens without me turning it off. A bug I think.

I didn't know about that physical sensitivity adjustment. It's possible this is an additional problem. I should try to open and adjust later. However should it then consistently not switch off at lift if it's due to the screw? It seems due to a software issue it either works or not even if the setting is on, however the setting also turns off randomly. I am not sure what's going on.

In this forum, I haven't heard many bugs about KS app with iPhone. But of course, it doesn't mean it's non-existent. When the lift is off, are you able to turn it back on using the app? If you are able, then it's something with the app. But if you can't turn the lift back on, then it might be the sensor adjustment. Another thing to check is bluetooth app connection. Sometimes an app might get disconnected when bluetooth connection is lost. I don't use iPhone, so not too sure. But it's worth checking.