Upgrading Charge Board on Begode Master

I'm upgrading the battery/charging board of my Begode Master to the latest version, to benefit from the latest safety features they implemented (getting rid of the always-hot charging ports).

I own a production model from early 2022. It has the V2-Rev3 charging board, which I'll swap for this V2 board (which is presumably Rev-4).

I received the package, but I got a little confused with its contents. In addition to the charging board I received two more small components and I am not quite sure what they are and what to do with them - One looks like a little transformer. No idea what the other one might be.

I'd greatly appreciate if anyone would be able to explain what those are for!

Check out the pictures here:

IMG_20230724_104759-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.835da48a8aff85ffed82e8f247b7413a.jpg

Charging Board.jpg

Those extra bits are updated satellite boards that plug into the mainboard. The smaller, squarer one fixes the 'display off under 15 degrees' thing. Less sure what the other one does - that didn't get replaced on mine...

Presumably you know about the updated charge boards dropping voltage over time once charging is complete ? I don't think there has ever been an explanation for why that happens but it definitely does, so if you need the full range and have charged the night before, for example, it is necessary to do a top-up charge before you ride to bring it back up to maximum voltage. Neither have Begode specified why the new board is 'safer' and what has changed about it. The difference isn't in the ports being hot or not - they were not hot from V3 onwards, yet V3 owners were still offered replacement charge boards, so presumably it was something else...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

The difference isn't in the ports being hot or not - they were not hot from V3 onwards, yet V3 owners were still offered replacement charge boards, so presumably it was something else...

I measured mine and it's certainly spicey. So I might have an even older board than I thought then... I certainly hope that issue will be gone with this new board

Presumably you know about the updated charge boards dropping voltage over time once charging is complete ? I don't think there has ever been an explanation for why that happens but it definitely does, so if you need the full range and have charged the night before, for example, it is necessary to do a top-up charge before you ride to bring it back up to maximum voltage.

I id not know about that one. Not the biggest issue for me, I rarely use the full extend of the battery. But good to know. Is there a thread on this in the forum somewhere? Or any other resources?

Those extra bits are updated satellite boards that plug into the mainboard. The smaller, squarer one fixes the 'display off under 15 degrees' thing. Less sure what the other one does - that didn't get replaced on mine...

Any thoughts on weather I should or shouldn't replace these satellite boards then? My gut feeling is doing it. They're part of the upgrade after all, but curious what others think.