Veteran Sherman-S | EUC Wheel Bearing replacement (left side only)

Mathieu Tech Moto

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this!  I think one of my bearings is starting to go. I can hear a weird noise that wasn’t there until I ride in the rain this past week, sounds like a hum; Hutu it’s not tire related  And. I’m getting a squeaking noise after about 25-30 Kms. Likely time to change them out.  Which means I need to source some additional bolts/parts. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Damn, Mathieu Tech you are good! You must be a mechanic. Do you already have an EUC repair shop? If not, should start one. The world needs an expert EUC mechanic. Young enough, start an EUC business? I wish I can do what you can do. Hard work, thanks for your video!

28 minutes ago, Scubadragonsan said:

Damn, Mathieu Tech you are good! You must be a mechanic. Do you already have an EUC repair shop? If not, should start one. The world needs an expert EUC mechanic. Young enough, start an EUC business? I wish I can do what you can do. Hard work, thanks for your video!

Thank you for you kind words, i'm not expert mecanic as it's my hobby, i've been working at a motorcycle repair shop for a year, it was fun at the begining but after a few months i did not considered mecanic as a hobby anymore, i don't work there anymore because it was far from home

I occasionnaly accept job on EUC's and that pays pretty well, but again i live a little far in the country roads so getting customers would be hard, i consider moving in city in the next 5 years so that could be a nice side job

• Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 1:25 PM, CDINPHX said:

Thanks for this!  I think one of my bearings is starting to go. I can hear a weird noise that wasn’t there until I ride in the rain this past week, sounds like a hum; Hutu it’s not tire related  And. I’m getting a squeaking noise after about 25-30 Kms. Likely time to change them out.  Which means I need to source some additional bolts/parts. 

Sorry late reply for some reason i don't receive notifications,

You will need a set of Allen Keys, screw drivers and a lot of patience, ideally a bearing puller and of course new bearings !

Bearings: https://amzn.to/3Q5GocL

Bearing puller: https://amzn.to/471PBcS

Edited by Mathieu Tech Moto

50 minutes ago, earthtwin said:

Excellent video @Mathieu Tech Moto, may I ask, "Why did the bearings fail?" "Would it be advisable to replace the entire motor hub assembly than to replace the bearings, given that your time is likely worth $125/hr ?"

Very good question, but does the hub include the rim ? It all seems to be one piece, it may be an option but i would fear that the stock bearing would fail again after 1000 km, they usually fail because the lack of grease and water ingress

Edited by Mathieu Tech Moto