Does Inmotion seat interfere with V12 handle?

Sir Falzalot

Hi all,

I recently got a V12 (first wheel). It's a lot of fun, and I'm hooked now. I mostly use it for commuting (almost 500 km so far).

I started riding seated because I have some long straightaway bike paths on my commute, and I want to improve my range, but I don't have a seat yet. I was looking at this seat (I believe it is the standard seat).

However, one thing I really like about the V12 is how easy it is to carry up the stairs with one hand (like a suitcase), but it looks like this seat covers the handle. Does anyone know if I will still be able to suitcase-carry the V12 with this seat?

I am considering jerry rigging a custom seat if I have to in order to maintain access to the handle.

V12-Seat-Pads-Fitted-Right-Oblique-700x7

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sir Falzalot said:

rigging a custom seat

I did just that! Does not even interfere with tricks!

wheel-on-post.jpg

pedal-switch-v12-seat.gif

Nice, I gave it a try.

I put the seat farther back because when I'm seated I'm usually in a "skier tuck" position (for aerodynamics). I can't test it out yet because I'm injured (I sprained my ankle during an emergency brake). But I should be able to test it out in a couple of weeks.

Doing a bit of reading on the standard Inmotion V12 seat, apparently it is attached by velcro, so perhaps it would be easy to detach when I need to carry the wheel? Can anybody who has the seat confirm this?

drtf1Xa.jpgIWxTRoU.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...