Does a new tire need to be broken in?

Josh P

I just had a new tire put on my V11 by a local shop and am noticing the ride feel is all off-sluggish feel, hard to carve easily, seemingly random pulling to one side. Im concerned because this is how the ride felt before the batteries went bad and got shut off by Inmotion. I’m even noticing what feels like pedal dipping. It’s the same tire as the stock. Any experience with something like this?  The only thing different is the new tire. Something to worry about or nah?

Edited by Josh P

It's difficult to know what is wrong. There are lots of possibilities. Right off the bat, I would consider psychological factors compounded by an ill seated tire. When I changed the tube on my King Song 14D I started feeling a bump every revolution. I mistakenly assumed that I had a dented rim. A couple years later I pumped the tube up to like 60 psi and I heard what sounded like a subtle pop. Hmmmm, I thought. And a few rides later I noticed that the bump was gone. I think my tire just finally seated itself when I pumped it up high enough.

Give it a 100 kms and test different pressures. New tire can feel horrible at first. If turning is sluggish, put in more pressure. You will get used to it. You must form new muscle memories. 

• Like 1