Thoughts on Powerknobz (No front power pads, just foot hooks)?

Flygonial

On 4/19/2024 at 1:46 AM, Stevebee said:

Seated riding is the reason I looked at these. Managed to get going seated on my V11 but have stopped using that since the Sherman S arrived. I use large Grizzla Flows and find it difficult to transition with these. Having my knees splayed out is uncomfortable for me and get foot cramp if I ride seated for any time. It’s the sketchy, wobbly transitions that have stopped me practicing so standing room only for me at the moment.

I will say I had issues with the same thing.  Not with these pads.  Very easy to transition and feel very comfortable on the feet.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigkidneys said:

Received mine the other day.  Quality is nice and they are just what I need as I ride Pidgeon toed and the Voidcore being 4 inches wide accommodates my feet unlike the Nylonove ones I have purchased that all taper at the toe.  Still have to get these placed perfectly but can already tell they are going to work great.  I did not install the Stubbiez as there is not enough real estate on the Patton unless I trim away the base which would change how the pads stick to the velcro.

image1 (3).jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

When you say "pigeon-toed", do you mean toes pointed in or out? I tend to ride duck-footed, which I think these might help with

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

When you say "pigeon-toed", do you mean toes pointed in or out? I tend to ride duck-footed, which I think these might help with

Oops, I meant duck footed lol.  Yeah they are out at about 45*.  I find it easier to carve and turn as my hips aren't so closed.  Thanks for catching that!  I'll take some more pics when mounted but yes, my feet are still under the pad thanks to the wider width unlike most common pads I've seen.  Saw these on youtube and here and looked like a viable solution.

Edited by Bigkidneys
  • Like 2

Awesome! Thanks for the update, definitely interested to see pictures when you get them. My Lynx is supposed to show up in 2 days, I'm going to give it a week or two to see how I feel with the standard setup. But the toe pad looks a little small for my liking. I might give these a shot if I don't like it

4 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

Awesome! Thanks for the update, definitely interested to see pictures when you get them. My Lynx is supposed to show up in 2 days, I'm going to give it a week or two to see how I feel with the standard setup. But the toe pad looks a little small for my liking. I might give these a shot if I don't like it

@Rawnei designed some 3D printable  extension ones for the Lynx toe hooks if I recall.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Z-Rabbit said:

Just don't buy the Nylonove Jump pads.  They all taper at the toe so that isn't helpful for us duck toe guys lol.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 10:43 AM, Bigkidneys said:

I will say I had issues with the same thing.  Not with these pads.  Very easy to transition and feel very comfortable on the feet.  

I was looking into these pads as well. Got a few qs if you don't mind.

When you mentioned comfortable on the feet, do you mean you're able to shift from pigeon to duck toe without the pads in the way (and keep leverage)

Do you recommend these for offroading and jumps? Like can you squeeze the heck out of these pads with your inner thighs/knees?

Where are the contact points on these pads? With my grizzlas, seated, I feel it at my ankle (pads) and knee bones (euc). Standing, i feel it all in my knee bones (euc). I'm most interested if they provide some type of leverage when absorbing jumps (standing).

• Like 1

On 4/27/2024 at 1:55 PM, swollazn said:

I was looking into these pads as well. Got a few qs if you don't mind.

When you mentioned comfortable on the feet, do you mean you're able to shift from pigeon to duck toe without the pads in the way (and keep leverage)

Do you recommend these for offroading and jumps? Like can you squeeze the heck out of these pads with your inner thighs/knees?

Where are the contact points on these pads? With my grizzlas, seated, I feel it at my ankle (pads) and knee bones (euc). Standing, i feel it all in my knee bones (euc). I'm most interested if they provide some type of leverage when absorbing jumps (standing).

I don't ride off road or do jumps.  I think some of the reviewers that do both have said this is best for street riding and carving.  What I like most about these are how much wider these are than stock jump pads or Grizzlas for that matter.  They are 4" in width so for those like me that ride duck footed, your toes still have pads over them when riding toes out.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DXKI said:

Do they feel locked In? As in if you were to fall, do you think your foot would be trapped?

Not at all.  I don't like that feeling as well.  There is not enough room on the Patton for me to fit the part that locks your heel in (Stubbiez) unless you trim some of the base off.  I would think you would feel more locked in with the stubbiez attached but since I don't have them on, I don't feel locked in at all.  Just have the overkill brake pads and the voidcore Prime on there.

• Like 1