WANT TO BUY: Seeking a used wheel that is suitable for a beginner to learn on

Recently got my first wheel alongside a buddy of mine who lives nearby and we have been having fun learning how to ride. Looking to buy a second-hand beginner friendly wheel for my wife to learn on as she's keen on joining the fun! The wheels that my friend and I have are both a bit too heavy and intimidating for her, so I'm ideally looking for something 50lbs or less and in the $500-$800 range. Something like an InMotion V8S would be awesome!

Let me know if anyone has anything suitable available!

I'm located in the NJ/NY area, but can easily take care of shipping and provide a shipping label. All that would be needed on your end would be to package the wheel up securely in a box, slap the shipping label on there, and drop it off at a UPS or hand it to your UPS delivery driver when they come around.

Edited by Kamber
  • Like 1

• Kamber changed the title to WANT TO BUY: Seeking a used wheel that is suitable for a beginner to learn on

Thanks Drew, I appreciate the offer. While super small and portable, thinking the MTEN4 might be too squirrely and harder to control/learn on than something like a lower-powered beginner friendly 16" wheel. Will keep it mind and let you know if we don't find anything else, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Kamber said:

Thanks Drew, I appreciate the offer. While super small and portable, thinking the MTEN4 might be too squirrely and harder to control/learn on than something like a lower-powered beginner friendly 16" wheel. Will keep it mind and let you know if we don't find anything else, thanks!

No worries, you/her are welcome to try it out anytime. It’s definitely not a powerful wheel lol. Since it’s so small and not intimidating, it’s a good wheel for kids or adults to learn on.

13 minutes ago, Drew said:

No worries, you/her are welcome to try it out anytime. It’s definitely not a powerful wheel lol. Since it’s so small and not intimidating, it’s a good wheel for kids or adults to learn on.

Cheers mate, really appreciate that! The light weight is definitely a huge plus, but am mostly worried about the short height making it rather uncomfortable or harder to leverage since the wheel may be digging into the shins as opposed to the calves or higher on the leg. How did you find it in that respect?

5 minutes ago, Kamber said:

Cheers mate, really appreciate that! The light weight is definitely a huge plus, but am mostly worried about the short height making it rather uncomfortable or harder to leverage since the wheel may be digging into the shins as opposed to the calves or higher on the leg. How did you find it in that respect?

Yeah there are pros/cons to every wheel. The V8 is a good wheel to learn but it has a very skinny tire so it’s not for me. 
Regarding the wheel digging into shins is valid. After a mile or two, I used velcro and put a 5” by 1” piece of foam across the top which solved it. 

I have an early model v12 in Massachusetts I'd sell for 1500 open to negotiate.. less than 300 miles total and been dumped once but no major damage beyond a headlight adjacent frame crack.

Works splendidly as a beginner model with a large tire and adjustable pedal height, the best model to grow into.. adjustable speed limiter and led are potent as well. DM for more info.

On 7/6/2023 at 3:41 PM, Drew said:

I have an MTEN 4 with like 15 miles on it. It’s super small and about 28 pounds. $700 and it’s yours. It’s super stable under 20mph. 

Hi Drew, not sure where you’re at but I might be interested!

This would be my first wheel; I took a lesson on some 16 inch one (I forget) a few months ago but life happened and still haven’t bought one.

Curious why you’re selling so soon after purchasing?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2023 at 8:51 PM, phillyerik said:

Hi Drew, not sure where you’re at but I might be interested!

This would be my first wheel; I took a lesson on some 16 inch one (I forget) a few months ago but life happened and still haven’t bought one.

Curious why you’re selling so soon after purchasing?

I have an MTen3 selling for $675. It is an 84 volt 512 Wh wheel. It has 111 miles. It also has a trolley handle. I have it listed on this forum. I am in NJ. 

Edited by Ethereal