Do the high discharge packs that some vendors "upgrade" to weigh less since their capacity is less?

GottaWay

So, I've noticed that some vendors have had the oem battery packs replaced with high discharge cells, like Samsung 40T cells. These packs typically have about 20% less capacity then the oem packs that presumably are using LG cells.

In my mind, a pack with 20% less capacity ought to weigh less than a pack with 20% more capacity. Obviously there are some factors, like the shell weight of the cell and the individual connections (nickel strips vs cheap wire for example).

I'd assume if these packs shed a kg or more, then vendors would use that as an advertising advantage, but I've yet to see mention of this.

So, do these high discharge packs typically weigh less, being that they are around 20% less capacity then the OEM packs?

47 minutes ago, GottaWay said:

So, do these high discharge packs typically weigh less, being that they are around 20% less capacity then the OEM packs?

No, there is no weight difference at all. A single Samsung 40T weighs the same as a 50E.

Edited by Cerbera