Master Display Temperature

A few days ago I noted my Master V2.3 is showing a high temperature on the display when turned on at room temperature.  It starts off displaying 120F, but when I connect EUC World, it is showing a temperature of 79F.  I thought maybe something was loose with the circuit board stack after I had to replace them all. So, I removed the circuit board stack and looked everything over very well.  There was nothing that stood out to me as being an issue.

I re-installed the boards and connected the batteries and checked the display again.  No change.  Then I put the clear cover back on.  This time the display showed 191 degree F, then dropped to 120F.  What gives? 

Where is the temperature sensor that the display is reading the temp from? Why would the display show 120F and the App shows 79F?

I rode it very aggressively yesterday for about 10 miles to get the temps up.  When I checked the temps it was at 97F in the app and 124.2F degrees on the display.

I don't think there is anything to be worried about, but something is amiss and would like to understand.

On 3/23/2023 at 11:03 AM, Magman116 said:

when turned on at room temperature.

What is room temperature there ?

So, I removed the circuit board stack and looked everything over very well.  There was nothing that stood out to me as being an issue.

What about the thermal mat that is meant to connect mainboard with heatsink ? Presumably you have read about the dangers caused by the 4 corner screws and potential air gap toward the centre, that some people have been addressing by removing it and doing their own thicker layer of thermal paste ? Does your Master have the thick clear gel block between the 2 boards that is meant to alleviate / mitigate this problem ?

Where is the temperature sensor that the display is reading the temp from? Why would the display show 120F and the App shows 79F?

I don't know where that temp sensor is, but I wish someone who knew would tell us ! I've asked that in a number of threads over the months, and no answer so far...

Edited by Cerbera

@Cerbera Room temp in my house is 75F. My display yesterday was showing 150F when I turned it on.  EUC World showed 76F.

My thermal pad is fine on my circuit board.  I did add a little Artic Silver thermal paste to fill any possible gap.

I do whish I knew where the temp sensor is as well.  I don't really think I have a problem because EUC World is showing the correct temperature, but the display is way off.

57 minutes ago, Magman116 said:

I don't really think I have a problem because EUC World is showing the correct temperature, but the display is way off.

It is bizarre - I have exactly the opposite problem on mine - Master display shows what I think is correct temperature, usually about 10 degrees above ambient, and EUC World shows flat 37C regardless !

Trouble is we need those temp readings to know if our thermal measures have worked ! It's just been Winter so haven't been too concerned so far, but I imagine I will care a lot more when ambient temps are in the 40s (C) !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1