T4 pedal holder problem

So I was installing my e ride pedals on my t4. One side went fine but the other side the middle threads got messed up. The grub screw that holds the pedals up won’t go all the way in. 

Whats the best way to try and fix this issue? Get a m10 tap and try and rethread?

The metal used on these is pretty shit.

https://pasteboard.co/mRVtFBvGWvhB.jpg

• Like 1

I had to tap my Master. Begode used thick thread lock paste on the grub screw. With the soft shitty aluminum they used, that was a one and done for the threads. The thread pitch is different on the grub screw vs the axle plug screw. I tapped the grub screw hole the same pitch as the axle plug screws. I have spare plug screws but no spares for grub screws. The grub screws seem to have coarser pitch.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Unipilot69 said:

I had to tap my Master. Begode used thick thread lock paste on the grub screw. With the soft shitty aluminum they used, that was a one and done for the threads. The thread pitch is different on the grub screw vs the axle plug screw. I tapped the grub screw hole the same pitch as the axle plug screws. I have spare plug screws but no spares for grub screws. The grub screws seem to have coarser pitch.

Ya I’m gonna go pickup a 10x1.5 pitch grub and tap. Hopefully that works

• Like 1