Did I Get Lucky? V8S vs V8F

MattV

I ordered a V8F on Amazon, but it has a sticker on top that says V8S and it shows a V8S identifier in the iPhone app, too. Can anyone else with a V8F tell me if this is the case for them as well, or let me know a more reliable way to tell, like what the visible difference on the battery would be? If they messed up and sent me a larger battery I am not going to complain, I’m just curious.

• Like 1

Maybe you got lucky!

According to this Ecodrift article, the V8S has silver strips that are new and not silver on the V8F.

Monokoleso-Inmotion-V8S-16.jpg

Also the Inmotion logo on the side is orange instead of white.

Monokoleso-Inmotion-V8S-34.jpg

I'm not entirely sure they didn't change that (later) for the V8F, though, so the only sure tell is the range you'll get (or you start disassembling). But if the app says it's a V8S, that is very promising:D

So, haven't been able to get to the battery yet, but the trim is chrome, the power button is red, and the logo on the side is orange.

I'm about 99% sure I got a free upgrade at this point.

Will have to range test it, as the farthest I've got so far was 15 miles on a cold day, and that left me with about 35% battery.(I weigh about 195lbs/88kg)

• Like 1