Question regarding V8 chargers.

NewbEUCRider

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the V8 charger, it says output 80V 1.5A but I can only get 20V from the charging pins there are 4 pins so I assume it is 2 pairs, the top reads 20.1V the bottom pair reads 20.3V, is there something I am missing with this charger? shouldn't that read 80V on both pins?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Funky said:

Something like this? It should show ~84V. If it's 84V charger.. (Or am i wrong?) Charger should show the same voltage as it's rated?

Which charger you got? The original?

I have the 4 pins charger for the Inmotion V8 / SoloWheel Glide 3. So There should be 4 pins there and no matter which pair I test I get 20V and some change. Is there anyone here that has a 4 pins charger for the V8 that can check the output voltage so I can compare notes? TIA 

1 hour ago, NewbEUCRider said:

I have the 4 pins charger for the Inmotion V8 / SoloWheel Glide 3. So There should be 4 pins there and no matter which pair I test I get 20V and some change. Is there anyone here that has a 4 pins charger for the V8 that can check the output voltage so I can compare notes? TIA 

But does the wheel charge to full voltage? If it does and shows right voltage.. Idk. :D Also isn't it 84v.. Check the charger information on it. Never heard one with 80v..

On 11/7/2022 at 3:24 PM, Funky said:

But does the wheel charge to full voltage? If it does and shows right voltage.. Idk. :D Also isn't it 84v.. Check the charger information on it. Never heard one with 80v..

Maybe the earliest versions had a 80v charger