3rd party apps and cut outs

samzed

I am really wanting to use 3rd party apps but I am cautious because I don't want to have a cutout because of how the app might affect safe functioning of the wheel. I was hoping to learn about how EUC world and Darkness bot handle this sort of thing, and if their are safeguards in place. How are these apps created? Is safety part of their creation? Is it possible to make dangerous changes to my wheel with these apps? Please help me understand more about 3rd party apps. Thanks

5 hours ago, samzed said:

Is it possible to make dangerous changes to my wheel with these apps?

No.

An app can make your wheel tilt back at a certain speed (which may surprise you if it is lower than expected), or disable an optional speed alarm (but not the mandatory last alarms), that's the most dangerous thing it can do. It certainly can't cause a sudden cut-out. There's just no mechanism how this could happen. No wheel can be switched off if it's going faster than like 2kph, whether with the power button or by app command (if it can ever be switched off by app at all... not sure if any wheel can even do that), they all have that basic safety mechanism.

Zero reason for safety concerns with any app:) (And if there were concerns about apps, which there are not, then I'd worry more about the shitty manufacturer (cr)apps instead of the better third party apps.)

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 3