The top speed of the V12

YCC

The official specifications of the V12 show that the top speed is 70KMH, however, even if the owner of the V12 on this forum replaced the control board or purchased the latest batch of V12, the problem of motor power failure still exists, and the top speed of the riders does not seem to exceed 50KMH.

Do you think the official specifications of the V12 indicate a top speed of 70KMH or just 50KMH? What is the safety speed of the V12?

D434E589-6A7F-46DF-8183-8494E0DFA428.thumb.png.ce8b3d865dcae5fd805a2adf84d0ad2c.png

Edited by YCC

• YCC changed the title to The top speed of the V12
4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

I interpret that as the free-spin speed, not the fastest a rider can go

Therefore, can I explain that the safest and fastest speed of the V12 will be 70% or 60% of the free spin speed? The safe maximum speed will be 49 km/h or 42 km/h.

Free-spin 70KMH* 70% safe margin= 49 KMH

Free-spin 70KMH* 60% safe margin= 42 KMH

22 minutes ago, YCC said:

Therefore, can I explain that the safest and fastest speed of the V12 will be 70% or 60% of the free spin speed? The safe maximum speed will be 49 km/h or 42 km/h.

Free-spin 70KMH* 70% safe margin= 49 KMH

Free-spin 70KMH* 60% safe margin= 42 KMH

It's really difficult to know for certain what the maximum speed of a wheel+rider will be, so many variables. But I think many people have used an ~80-85% estimate for lower powered wheels and have been pretty close. That's for lower powered wheels.

I have my numbers all muddled up in my head but I think Master's free spin was 114 kph, and at least 1 rider has reached 90 kph... that's about 79%. A Master Pro made it to 100 kph but then cutout… a few broken bones but rider is otherwise reported to be ok enough.

Keep in mind that wheel firmware may restrict the electronics so that the speed is lower than theoretically possible, KS does this but I don't know about IM. People go wicked fast on V12, but the 16" wheel makes it a very very scary experience. It's not that the wheel is speed limited as much as it's just too crazy to try to ride it at super high speeds. It might be able to go faster, but I don't hear of many setting personal speed records on a 16" wheel.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Thanks 1