Gotway Tesla continuos tilt back

I have a gotway tesla and it was sitting in a hot vehicle for a few hours, after which I rode it around a little bit off road.

Soon after the wheel began to give tilt back immediately upon riding at any speed.

After turning it on, it gives two beeps, then the headlight starts flashing and immediate tilt back again.

I found a list of error codes and the wheel behavior seems to kind of match up with:

9. PCB high temperature alarm, 2 short beep 2 seconds, tilt back tonget rider off the euc. Tilting back and forward after stopped.

(Except that it does still put itself upright when stationary)

This behavior has continued for a couple days now even though it has been kept cool indoors since the initial incident.

Any idea as to cause, repair, how to reset the wheel?

(Also I have not been able to connect to the wheel via Bluetooth since the incident.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem after I did a recalibration out on a ride. It was cold that day. I thought I broke the wheel but after letting it warm up the next recalibration actually fixed the problem.

I think the gyro is temperature sensitive. IF you don't recalibrate in extreme temperatures, the wheel should be fine to ride in those temperatures. 

If you didn't recalibrate then I don't know if it's an easy fix. But try recalibrating after sitting at room temperature for a few hours.