T4 tyre topic

daniel1234

2 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

MICHELIN 2.50-12 36J Starcross 5 Mini or 80/100-12 are close. 

I have tried a 2.5-12 CST Moped tubeless tire on my V12. The V12's stock tire is a 16x3.0 tire. After I mounted it on the rim, the tire became quite narrow. This particular tire was very heavy and has a very stiff carcass. The other thing was that it is a rear tire with a flat profile. When riding, the ride was harsh, and had larger turning radii.

When buying a scooter tire, you need to consider whether it is a front or back tire, and choose the appropriate profile. Since the T4's stock tire is a 16x3.0 tire, the 2.75-12 should fit without interference. However, a 3.00-12 tire may fit too, but that is a gamble. Beware that tubeless tires can be super stiff.

70/100-12 or 80/90-12 tires are most likely motorcycle tubeless tires.

What worked for me in the end was a Cordial 2.75-12, tube type, front tire.

Edited by techyiam
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

So I've just ordered a T4 after owning a 16x. Apparently the batch I ordered is the second batch and it comes with the knobbly tire. The tire is great for off-road as I've got the exact same tyre changed on my 16x shown here: 

IMG-9515.jpg

However, this tire does sacrifice some handling on road especially with relatively low pedal on the 16x. Don't get me wrong but it is managable but it's just not as fun on road to carve and turn on. This kinda defeats the purpose of having a small 16inch wheel for me as I'm doing 50/50 on and off-road.

So on my T4 I am looking for a tire that is a little less aggressive and I came across the V12HT tire on the earlier batch.

IMG-9511.jpg

Adam Malicki(Wrong Way) seems to like it better than the current knobbly on the V12HT: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxdgNBH8fNwS-9oxRZWw-9JqcgbCKmlSOj

And Denis Hagov also said it was one of the best out of the box tire with 50/50 on and off-road ability: https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxSCsdvjKzSKskXU26EV1flToIuTCkAxva

So my burning question is, where can I find this exact tyre?!?!

Denis mentioned the tire model is called "CORDIAL 52J 3.00-12" but I could not find this anywhere. I've searched Aliexpress, Alibaba, Amazon, Ebay and I couldn't find anything :(

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2022 at 5:36 PM, daniel1234 said:

I really like motorcycle tyre on EUC. Michelin city pro ride like dream on Master.

Hey @daniel1234, did you end up finding a motorcycle tyre that would fit the T4 or perhaps any 16" wheel? I couldn't find any name brand ones in the dimensions that would fit the t4, 12 inch rims aren't that common I supposed.

However I also found something similar to a motorcycle tire on Aliexpress. Although it is a cst H-969, but one of the better quality cst lineup. it seems like they're listed for Inmotion V12 meaning it would most likely fit the T4. Has anyone tried this tire on an EUC? Couldn't find any info/review on this yet: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004524701764.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt
S76756c5d68634d799f43ac9db476bb9ce-jpg.w

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2022 at 7:17 PM, Max.Chavalwan said:

Hey @daniel1234, did you end up finding a motorcycle tyre that would fit the T4 or perhaps any 16" wheel?

I got knoby from CST ST from t4 seller (bad idea):
image.png.456ef0a8ec14fa2da288fac13f3793f9.png

For me this is NOT the best tyre - rubber is too soft. I am just lazy to get anything better since my t4 is a disaster.
Duro, pirreli and mittas makes smaller tyres in EU.
Shinko is well known in US

Edited by daniel1234

7 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I got knoby from CST ST from t4 seller (bad idea):
For me this is NOT the best tyre - rubber is too soft. I am just lazy to get anything better since my t4 is a disaster.
Duro, pirreli and mittas makes smaller tyres in EU.
Shinko is well known in US

Yeah I didn't like that knobbly it came with on batch 2. Changed the tyre as soon as my hybrid came. I do half off-road and half on road riding so I went for this hybrid tyre.

IMG-0985.jpg

Got it from: https://eunicycle.com.au/collections/tyres-and-tubes/products/euc-tyres?variant=40384246775852 under "16 inch Hybrid"

I've done 1,280km on this tyre and I gotta say it is as fun to carve on the road as a street tyre but it has lots of grip on loose gravel and grass. Best of both world.