Dear Inmotion: what I want in a new V10S

mhpr262

A wishlist with some suggestions, after well over 10.000 kilometers on three V10Fs:

- a redesigned shell without the sharp edges and corners the current one has

- shell side covers that are held on with just two screws, not seven like the current ones  (and for the removal of three of which you have  to rip off the pads). Perhaps they could even be made so they can be "screwed" on, without tools, like the lid of a pickle jar.

- shell side covers with perfectly flat surfaces that make it easy to attach power pads

- much bigger and thicker foam pads on top, with adapters that go between pads and shell that let you adjust the width of the wheel for us slightly bandy legged folk (or for riders who prefer a wider stance but still want their legs to contact the wheel)

-  cast aluminium honeycomb pedals with beefy sections that give you the option to drill out holes and tap them to add studs

- spring-loaded pedals that are kept folded up when not in use by a small magnet inside the shell, but when you push  a button, pull a knob or move a slider on top of the wheel the magnets inside the shell move and the springs snap the pedals downwards into the riding position

- adjustable pedal cant/dihedral angle/v-shape, perhaps with metal shims that go between hangers and pedals

- a trolley handle that is smoothly integrated into shell (not such an ugly bolt on thing like the current one) and that can be locked so it wont get damaged if the wheel takes a tumble. It could double as carrying handle if the lock is strong enough

- 3'' tire with enough room in the wheel well for knobbies and for no more gravel stuck in  the shell

- no more space, weight and money wasted on RGB lights

- adjustable headlight that doesnt blind people regardless of wheel position/pedal tilt

- a proper V11 style kickstand, ideally connected to the trolley handle with a bowden cable so it is pulled down to within a 1/4 of an inch of the tire as soon as you lift up the trolley handle, and with a loaded steel spring that automatically folds it back up when you lower the  trolley handle again.

- A (dual?) charging port and controlboard/BMS  that can safely handle charging with 6 - 7,5 Amps or more

- A watertight charging port cover that doesnt get ripped off when you grab the trolley handle and lift it incautiously, as has happened with both of my  V10Fs within just a couple of charges

- for winter rides in great cold I want a  battery pack with a looong PTC heating element strip "woven" between the individual cells that can  be controlled with the app and that lets you  bring up the pack to temperature before  (quick-)charging it

- an optional Bluetooth-remote that lets you  control the light, the horn and the static pedal tilt with trimming buttons in half- or quarter- degree steps, and  which maybe even offers control of  dynamic pedal tilt, a quick tilt forward for  for acceleration and backward tilt for braking, with an e-skate like control wheel. With a big enough battery  the remote could also act as a second  "headlight".

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I want a wheel that is as small and light and nimble as the current one. Almost all of the modifications I have requested are just minor things, mere design changes that wouldnt add any weight or complexity (except the folding mechanism for the pedals and I could do without that if need be, and the PTC heating strip). You will notice I didnt ask for a bigger battery or for more power.