Is my Sherman Max Temperature too hot?

WillieP

Admittedly it is hot in Nashville this time of year.  I usually ride my Sherman Max for 10-20 miles each evening after work.  I have been noticing lately that the temperature on my Sherman is running between 133-136 degrees F.  The ambient temp has been about 95 degrees F during my rides.  Using the Darknessbot app, this appears to be getting a bit on the hot side as it shows the 133-136 temp of the wheel in the "red" zone.  

I'm curious what other Sherman Max internal temps are running with similar ambient temperature?  Anyone else seeing similar or even different temps with their Sherman Max?

Thanks in advance!

Damn. I set my alarm for internal temps at 65F (ambient usually 30F to 35F when it reaches up to 65F internally) and am worried every time I hit that lol. I'm not even sure what a "safe" internal temp is. Looking for an answer as well. 

*using EUCworld, think the default alarm was at 50F

*regular sherman 3rd batch

Edited by Dreygun

One of my friends told me that 135 F is pretty common for our current ambient temperature of 95 F plus.  My wheel isn't shutting down or showing any indication of overheating. I just wanted to know what others are seeing with their Shermax wheels, under similar conditions?

Most of my rides have been between 60F and 91F.  My wheel can spike higher temps when I stop after faster riding, but the fans kick right on and it’s not a problem.  The pass through cooling design seems to work well when at higher speeds.   

F474F4B6-12B4-4844-84F8-A2F28CA96FC5.png

I had the same issue not so long ago. Temperature outside was 35-40°C, most of the time the wheel would go to 60-65°C while driving hard on non-flat terrain. I noticed the temperature shooting up a lot higher (70+) when driving uphill on bad streets. I think this is because the motor needs very short but strong accelerations to keep the wheel leveled while riding over bumps.

I'd usually take a 5 min break in the shadow once reaching 70°C