Suggestions for a first EUC, bigger guy with a twist

17 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

Have you discovered what kind of riding do you prefer?  Street? Off-road? Jumps?  Doing tricks?  And what's your budget for the new wheel?

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

There are a few monsters and mpros in town being ridden by some experienced and aggressive riders. So far preforming well. One of the abrams is being permanently retired from yet another random cutoff. Don’t get one of those.....😬

Street with some off road, mostly rail trails gravel etc. I've been doing a 5 mile loop the last couple days that's mostly street with some gravel drives with elevation changes. Not really interested in tricks or jumps outside of hopping the occasional curb. I don't mind waiting for the v13 but as mentioned the monster seems to be a fairly proven platform as well as the Sherman. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yamanator said:

I already want more, I'm consistently bumping up against the max speed and feeling comfortable when I get the wobbles. Still super fun and I think the perfect wheel for my wife. Suggestions on what to get next?

Wow - and you're already posting videos of you riding?!!.  Dude you are rocking this!!

Given how fast you are progressing and your size I really think you should skip over the 84v wheels and go to 100v wheels.  

The market and choices for 100+v wheels is changing insanely fast right now.  In the last 3 days 3 new wheels have been announced.  

Here's the thing, only 2 companies have successfully produced a 100v wheel.  

1. Begode (formerly gotway)  was the 1st to go 100v and they have the most tested and reliable 100v system.  If you're happy with 30nmiles of range and around 32mph top speed, get the rs19 from ewheels.  This is also one of the greatest offroad wheels ever made.  If you want more range, get the EXn high torque.  Avoid gotway however if you want to ride in the rain - no waterproofing.  If you want crazy long range get the extreme bull commander or Monster pro.  (50-80) miles of range for big guys.

2. Veteran Sherman Max.  This is a big heavy wheel with 50-80miles range.  It has a proven 100v system and has better waterproofing and quality than Begode.  I think these 90lb 3600wh wheels may be too much though.....

If I were you I would get an rs19 HT.  I'd you wanna do longer distance street riding the exn HS or. HT would be good..

Do not get:  Veteran Abrahms or inmotion V12 HT.  I also wouldn't get any of the new wheels like the Master or s22 or Master pro or V13.  These have power systems that are unproven.   If these wheels have or continue to have hardware and software issues, you could be left with no wheel to ride.  (I might end up ignoring my own advice and order an s22, but I have other wheels so I can more easily tolerate a wheel being down).

I've got a Gotway EX that I'm thinking about selling for cheap, but I don't think you want a used wheel.

Edited by wstuart
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, wstuart said:

Wow - and you're already posting videos of you riding?!!.  Dude you are rocking this!!

Given how fast you are progressing and your size I really think you should skip over the 84v wheels and go to 100v wheels.  

The market and choices for 100+v wheels is changing insanely fast right now.  In the last 3 days 3 new wheels have been announced.  

Here's the thing, only 2 companies have successfully produced a 100v wheel.  

1. Begode (formerly gotway)  was the 1st to go 100v and they have the most tested and reliable 100v system.  If you're happy with 30nmiles of range and around 32mph top speed, get the rs19 from ewheels.  This is also one of the greatest offroad wheels ever made.  If you want more range, get the EXn high torque.  Avoid gotway however if you want to ride in the rain - no waterproofing.  If you want crazy long range get the extreme bull commander or Monster pro.  (50-80) miles of range for big guys.

2. Veteran Sherman Max.  This is a big heavy wheel with 50-80miles range.  It has a proven 100v system and has better waterproofing and quality than Begode.  I think these 90lb 3600wh wheels may be too much though.....

If I were you I would get an rs19 HT.  I'd you wanna do longer distance street riding the exn HS or. HT would be good..

Do not get:  Veteran Abrahms or inmotion V12 HT.  I also wouldn't get any of the new wheels like the Master or s22 or Master pro or V13.  These have power systems that are unproven.   If these wheels have or continue to have hardware and software issues, you could be left with no wheel to ride.  (I might end up ignoring my own advice and order an s22, but I have other wheels so I can more easily tolerate a wheel being down).

I've got a Gotway EX that I'm thinking about selling for cheap, but I don't think you want a used wheel.

Thanks!

I wouldn't want to ride in the rain. Does that count wet roads after rain? Is the Rs19 HS good or is the HT superior? I've thought a lot about the Sherman and that might be the way I go, but I was also considering rolling the dice on the V13, even though release isn't for a while. 

If you want to pm me the details on the EX I may be open to that if I do decide to roll the dice on the V13. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:16 AM, Yamanator said:

Thanks!

I wouldn't want to ride in the rain. Does that count wet roads after rain? Is the Rs19 HS good or is the HT superior? I've thought a lot about the Sherman and that might be the way I go, but I was also considering rolling the dice on the V13, even though release isn't for a while. 

If you want to pm me the details on the EX I may be open to that if I do decide to roll the dice on the V13. 

I think damp roads are OK but not puddles.  I lived my whole life in San Diego so I'm a terrible person to ask about rain and waterproofing.  

As far as HS vs HT, it repents on what kind of riding you do.  If you spend the majority of your ride above 25mph and there's not alot of stop ans go, get the HS - it's more efficient for that.  If you stop and go alot or if you have lots of hills - get the HT.  

For sure, message me about the EX.  It is an AMAZING wheel for big guys.  I think you would like it.  I'm actually kind of reluctant to sell it, it's just that I hardly use it as I am riding my Sherman more now. 

Most Gotway wheels which have that heat sink on side of wheel well lets any water true. Even riding on wet asphalt can let some water in the wheel. And get that mobo wet, because it sits right down in that corner where water would gather. You can ride many times like that, but it takes one time and your mobo will fry. (How lucky are you..)

To fix that issue - you simply need to open the wheel and instead of that "rubber" gasket use silicone and silicon that heatsink into place.. First thing i would do, if i wanted that wheel. (Because i ride in rain/snow. In winter wheel well gets packed full of snow and then it melts after each ride..)

As for HS/HT do you plan riding at "max" speed regularly? If not 100% get HT. I personally would take HT any day. Because i would enjoy more torque than little bit more speed.

I would recommend Sherman Max. If you don't need suspension. And weight isn't a problem. You will be set for life. Simply get the wheel at which speed you wanna go. I did that and i'm happy. I wanted a wheel which can do regular bike speeds and i got extra..

(Don't forget it's safer to get bigger wheel.. If you wanna go 40-45 speeds - get 50-55 speed wheel!!!)

Edited by Funky