V8F overload issue

Joce

Hi,

This is a solved case, I just want to share my experience...

I bought a V8F on aliexpress 3 months ago (from an EU reseller, it was really cheaper than in France, 880€ instead of 1150€). Made 450km with it without issues, no crashes etc. 

After a full charge from 20% to 100% I faced an overload issue (on power on, the wheel is saying "overload, please get off" and tilt back until you stop). I stopped the wheel restarted it several times during 3 days, on the App the tension was shown 89V / 90V, saying the consumption was -1000W (like on a huge downhill), not normal !

I opened the wheel and checked the tension on the battery, 83V so normal. I unplugged it and replugged after a minute to really restart the wheel, still same issue.

I unplugged the motor and started the wheel, all the side led where red, but the tension in the app became normal (82.6V), sounds like there is an issue with the motor then... Replugged everything and miracle everything is now back to normal !

I've contacted the reseller on aliexpress but still don't have any answer so... take care with aliexpress wheel.

Additional info : I saw that the battery is only 480W instead of 518W on the official specs... looks like a v8f with a v8 battery maybe.

• Like 2

Bonjour, vous avez peut-être là une V8 et non une V8F.

Hi, i think you have a V8, no V8F.

Edited by varamontelo

You can get spare control boards online. Sure it's risky that something else is wrong but try to study the problem and use the forum here to make a good decision. Then it doesn't really matter that it's aliexpress or that your warranty is up, etc. 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:58 AM, alcatraz said:

Did you recently do a calibration or firmware update?

If not then it sounds like the control board could need replacing.

Made both, thé firmware is up to date and made calibration few times 

On 7/9/2022 at 12:59 AM, alcatraz said:

You can get spare control boards online. Sure it's risky that something else is wrong but try to study the problem and use the forum here to make a good decision. Then it doesn't really matter that it's aliexpress or that your warranty is up, etc. 

I saw on inmotion France that there were spare control board (but It's expe sive...), and Also it seems that the v8 and v8f have the same board (same model) 

For now i've made 20km with the wheel and everything seems normal so... 

• 6 months later...