V5F Pedals super tight.

JDL

When i take my pedals down and up again they move fine, but once i put my weight on them they get stuck, really stuck, so i have to kick hard to get them loosened up again.
This is a brand new machine, and i mailed my dealer, but this being a weekend i hope someone here have a golden answer.

You can see what i mean in this video.

Edited by JDL
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 4:22 PM, JDL said:

When i take my pedals down and up again they move fine, but once i put my weight on them they get stuck, really stuck, so i have to kick hard to get them loosened up again.
This is a brand new machine, and i mailed my dealer, but this being a weekend i hope someone here have a golden answer.

You can see what i mean in this video.

Grease them?

Take them apart - put some grease around axle and inside padel/hanger holes.

Or maybe metal "cuts" are made bad.. That's why they get stuck.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Funky said:

Grease them?

Take them apart - put some grease around axle and inside padel/hanger holes.

Or maybe metal "cuts" are made bad.. That's why they get stuck.

Its brand new and under warranty, There should not be bad cuts for me to mend... or any grease necessary.
It kinda ruins the whole easily taking the vehicle everywhere feel for me.

But thanks for the input, its probably one of those actions thats needed... lets see what the dealership says.

Edited by JDL

I think there is a spacer and over time the friction will wear down the spacer until it is just right.  I believe there is also a screw below the pedal that you can use to adjust the tension in the pedal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 360rumors said:

I think there is a spacer and over time the friction will wear down the spacer until it is just right.  I believe there is also a screw below the pedal that you can use to adjust the tension in the pedal.

The screw at the bottom is there only to hold the rod in place, the friction is provided by the screws at the front and back of the pedals.

The spacers and some unwanted metal friction that will wear off makes a lot of sense... I hope thats all it is.:)

I will wait to hear what oneride.eu's techs say, i will update once i have heard from them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDL said:

I will wait to hear what oneride.eu's techs say, i will update once i have heard from them.

They say it is fairly normal with V5F, and it will become better with use, and also that i could use some WD40 if i wanted...

So i guess you were both right... Thanks... :)

1 hour ago, JDL said:

They say it is fairly normal with V5F, and it will become better with use, and also that i could use some WD40 if i wanted...

So i guess you were both right... Thanks... :)

I would not use WD40 as a "grease".

• Like 2