Need sherman Motor (or at least the axle portion) Hollow axle snapped! HELP

Misbeliever

I need a sherman motor, or an axle shaft, or tips on how to remove the axle from the wheel!   

I looked everywhere and the soonest i can get one is about a month from now!

even ewheels has no stock and expects a month delay before they get any.

I cant miss all this riding.   this is perfect weather here in ohio!!!   Please help!!!

Does anyone have a used one?   or know where i can get one?    Or help me get the shaft out so i can have it repaired?

Details: 

So i bought a used sherman from a local fellow in a facebook uni group.   As soon as i got it it made a clunk noise any time you sped up or slowed down.  The owner told me it was just a loose pedal and nothing to worry about.   So i bought it and I rode it for like 2 weeks, 20 miles, never going over 20mph and only in grass and pavement.   The other day i rode off the sidewalk into the grass (like a 1" drop and suddenly it started rubbing like i had a stick in the wheel well.   couldnt find anything, so got home and took it apart.   Turns out the AXLE SNAPPED in 2 right where the threads meet the smooth axle.  The owner claims he never had any problems and never abused it.  So he isnt willing to help me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Every one’s definition of abuse is different. Are these EUC meant for jumping? I doubt it. some people do it and don’t consider that as abuse. However, I bet the original owner sold it to you at a discounted price. 

Your best bet is buy from ewheels and wait till the motor comes back in stock, or you can try local riders. I know some riders like to keep a backup that you could buy from. GL. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 3:18 PM, neurokinetik said:

I have one, and I'm in Buffalo NY, so shipping probably wouldn't be terrible.  It's pretty low mileage because I swapped to the wider wheel after only a couple hundred miles.

I'm super interested.   Please tell me more in left my email and phone number in pm.

Update for the rest of you...   just as it may help others...

The axle shaft is removable from the stator.   It is press fit and takes a lot of force to remove it, but it does come out.

it is made out of a super soft mild steel that deforms easily, and apparently breaks easily as well.

I was able to copy the shaft and make a duplicate out of carbon steel.  Even before heart treating this metal is way harder than the original.

I'm a super wuss rider who's not abusive at all.   So a stock shaft will last me forever.   But just fyi a much upgraded shaft can be fitted without much work for you hard core folks.

I'll probably replace my whole motor assembly.   But maybe the shaft lessons I learned could benefit someone else.

I have photos a can share or post here later.

• Like 3