King Song 18XL Longevity

I was set on getting V8S as my first EUC but it seems a lot of people are recommending KS18XL instead. 

I read that a lot of used KS18XL have rim issues and they are 3+ years old now (compared to 2021 V8S). 

What's the longevity and reliability of KS18XL? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You might have better luck asking this in the kingsong forum as it is specific to one part on one wheel.

I own both wheels and I recently learned to ride.  I learned on the v8f and in the first 2 weeks of riding I found the v8f to be mush much easier to ride than the 18xl.  

17 hours ago, wstuart said:

You might have better luck asking this in the kingsong forum as it is specific to one part on one wheel.

I own both wheels and I recently learned to ride.  I learned on the v8f and in the first 2 weeks of riding I found the v8f to be mush much easier to ride than the 18xl.  

It's been 1 month. I think the guy/gall has figure it out. :D 

Also you said it - you just started. Ofc it will be more easy to ride on smaller wheel, going slower. Tell me your thoughts after ~1000km, when you want more speed. 18xl will feel better then. Cruising at 35-40kph is awesome on it. Small wheels are great, if you don't need speed going 20-30kph. Also 16"vs18" wheel - bigger are more comfy.

I have ridden only ~500km myself. And i can feel day/night difference between 16s and 18xl. 16s - nimble, zippy, more sketchy at 30kph speeds. 18xl - planted to ground cruiser. Very stable at speeds 35kph+ Need to lean more, if you want to speed up. Needs more "input" from the rider. (I personally like that more. On 16s you can fall a sleep.) :D 

Edited by Funky