Wanted: Give me your old EUC, St Louis - STL

New rider here looking for his first EUC before he dishes out 3 grand for a new Kingsong s22 in a few months. I'd like to get the feel of riding first to see if it's even something I see myself doing long-term. 

Edited by StlRyder
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Welcome to the forum @StlRyder, and hopefully to a long (and expensive) love affair with electric unicycles!

A common theme you'll see here is that you kind of have to commit, on faith. Riding a wheel is a learned skill, and the learning process isn't anywhere as easy as a scooter or OneWheel… it takes a certain sized mountain of stubborn. And you will question your wisdom along the way.

You are thinking along the correct line though—get something smaller and already beat up to do your learning on before you buy the S22. Starting with a top of the line 2022 model is something along the lines of: I want to ride a dirt bike... I never learned how to ride a bicycle, but I love the look and specs of the Harley MT500 so I think I'll buy that first. Now, many many people have gone straight to their dream wheel and been very successful, but in general a smaller lighter wheel is easier to learn. The big beasties are, well, big and beastly. And when you knock the new off of them, it really hurts (not for long, but it does).

I do wish you luck finding a free wheel—you'll have a better chance getting a learner if you're willing to drop 500-1000. You can always keep it to teach others or dump it for a bit less than you paid.

Thanks for the welcome, Tawpie. Yes, you're right and I have every intention of learning before I drop dough on the latest and greatest. $500-$1000 seems like a fair investment seeing as how I'll be paying at least 6x that (if not more) in the long run. The hard part is finding other riders in the St Louis area, I've never seen them here.

• Like 2

• StlRyder changed the title to Wanted: Give me your old EUC, St Louis - STL
11 minutes ago, StlRyder said:

The hard part is finding other riders in the St Louis area, I've never seen them here.

There almost has to be a crew... FB (sadly) is a typical gathering place. I haven't peeked at the local ride topic for a while, but there's a sort-of-maintained list of contacts there. Or just hunt for a forum member from your neck of the woods and pester them!

Edited by Tawpie
just because I have an opinion doesn't mean it HAS to be shared
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1