How to calibrate a kingsong 16X on staircase?

LightWave

the wheel keeps spinning out anything I try to put under it. I can't seem to find a good step by step instructions that work and show all the possible options if you don't have a Ustand

On a staircase? I'm confused.

Instructions are in the user manual. YouTube is pretty light, but there are a couple showing the 16S that should give you the general idea. They're really old though. If I have time I'll make a video, it's really really simple.

1 hour ago, Tawpie said:

On a staircase?

On the KS app it says to put the wheel on a stair or ustand but when I put it on anything the wheel spins out. I watched all the videos on YouTube but none show how to calibrate if you dont have a ustand. I will check the manual maybe they're more detailed then the app

Edited by ElectronxCycles

I believe I have successfully calibrated the wheel now.

Things that don't work: using something else as a ustand or a stair and it was also a bit dangerous. lol What did work is using a level or an app to make sure it's perfectly level and holding the wheel 100% still against something. I think I'm going to make an updated video on this in the future because there's too many options that may not work

Didn't you turn your lift sensor off? When it's off the wheel will free spin anytime the tire isn't on the ground.

Either way, calibrate using a bubble level with it just standing upright. Don't bother with the stairs or stands, just hold it level when you turn it back on.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, Tawpie said:

Didn't you turn your lift sensor off?

Yes I did disable it. I found the cause of the issue recently as well, it was just a loose cable, I just put some silicone on the connections so it hold better. I still don't feel confident in any type of switch sensor anymore until they figure out a way to disable it from cutting out when the machines are moving...

But... the wheel still does not seem to calibrate no matter how many times I try it's either dipping to far forward or backwards.

I must of knocked out another connection or slightly broke a sensor or something, hard to say what because it still runs fine other then the wheel dipping around corners. I mean I really want to fix it because I miss how smooth it use to ride and would like to sell it in good safe condition. It still has a weird vibration at slow speeds as well, I think I really whacked the pedals way too hard because that's the time all this stuff happened. When I finally put 100 bucks down on a good torch the pedal came off like butter, no bend or anything wrong with the shaft just corrosion probably from the salt on the roads... Now I reassemble all metal parts on the wheels back together with grease so should never happen again.

I'm not sure if you have any more ideas to tune this wheel but I was thinking about maybe posting about this on Facebook or emailing king song directly?

Thanks so much for all your help with this I really appreciate it! :)

There are a whole bunch of things at play... but first it'd help to see a video of how you are calibrating it.

Pedal dipping around corners is normal... you can affect it by updating firmware to 2.09 and experimenting with the 'expert' ride mode.

But post a video. It'll help everyone understand what's going on!

On 5/8/2022 at 3:51 PM, Tawpie said:

Pedal dipping around corners is normal... you can affect it by updating firmware to 2.09 and experimenting with the 'expert' ride mode.

Thank you @Tawpie I have been experimenting with the modes and I'm surprised it clears up the grinding vibrations, I wonder why that is? The wheel is a lot smoother now but I don't understand why lol Anyway thank you that worked as possibly a fix until I get a new wheel!

• Like 1