Inmotion V8F - mild tilt back but no beep?

rcgldr

I weigh about 190lb. I was doing a speed comparison between EUC World and Inmotion app, with a planned goal of about 17 mph (EUC World). Battery was at 48%. I was going up a mild incline about 1 degree, very mild acceleration. At somewhat less than 17 mph, I got a mild and smooth tilt back, but no beep. I eased off and gradually slowed and stopped to check the stats. Max speed was 17.5 mph (EUC World), 18.5 mph (Inmotion app), which would include the increase in speed due to the tilt back. Peak current was 19.5 amps, peak power 1350 watts, reported temperature about 87 degrees (it was 60 degrees outside during this ride). Based on the stats, it seems the tilt back was battery | speed related.

A long time ago I tested tilt back using speed limiter set to 8, 12, and 15 mph, so I would know what the tilt back would feel like, but in those cases, I got beeps. In this case, I got tilt back, but no beep. I'm wondering if a V8F uses tilt back without beep as an early warning, or if my acceleration was so gradual that I managed to trigger tilt back without triggering a beep.

I normally ride at 12 to 15 mph, so it's unlikely that I'll encounter this again.

Edited by rcgldr

Update - in this V8S range video, Wen (from EUCO), notes that at 56% battery, he gets beeps at 21 mph, tilt back at 20 mph:

Assuming V8F and V8S are similar, then my acceleration was mild enough to trigger tilt back speed which is about 1 mph less than beep speed, without triggering beeps, in the case where the V8F lowers the speed limit based on battery charge. If the V8F speed limit setting is lowered from max, then both tilt back and speed occur at the same speed.
Edited by rcgldr

Since you are using two apps, I recommend that you make sure you have the correct settings. For example, the EUC World allows you to customize the settings very thoroughly. Inmotion unicycles are good in that they communicate with the rider both voice and tilt back. Different settings for different apps can cause problems when using exactly the same device.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wolverine said:

using two apps

I only use Inmotion app for any V8F setting. I only use EUC World to call out speed, charge percentage, distance, and time, every 15 seconds on my phone when riding, not for any V8F settings. Looking at post ride stats, Inmotion app reported max speed is about 7% higher than EUC World reported max speed. I don't know which one is correct, but since I normally ride at 12 to 15 mph, it's not an issue. EUC World total distance in miles is a bit greater than Inmotion app, but less than 0.5% greater. Maybe a conversion issue.

Edited by rcgldr