V11 not detected by Inmotion app

Deeman67

Hi folks. I just bought a brand new Inmotion V11 and for some reason, the inmotion app won't detect it. When i turn on the V11, it definitely turns on and it balances itself out but the front and rear lights just constantly blink. I was able to ride it but I'm not sure if it is actually safe to ride.I tried it on both an Android and an Apple device with the same results.I'm not able to register the device through the app or anything.The App says "No device found". Bluetooth is enabled and it also comes up as a bluetooth device on my phone. Am i doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

I had some issues with my V11 when I first got it as well. While I don’t have an exact fix for you I updated the newest firmware and did a factory reset on the wheel by holding down the power button for 30 seconds. I had different issues by the sounds of it, but you could try that. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Deeman67 said:

The App says "No device found". Bluetooth is enabled and it also comes up as a bluetooth device on my phone

Definitely try the factory reset first. I'm a little bit surprised it was rideable, normally wheels are shipped in transport mode that disables the balancing until specific steps are taken. My understanding was that IM requires the serial number to be entered into the app in order to 'activate' the wheel, and the phone doing the activation needs to be connected to the internet so the thing can phone home. I could be very wrong about this, it's definitely worth checking with other V11 owners.

Coming up as a bluetooth device on your phone typically means you can play music from your phone on the wheel's speakers and it's a different bluetooth connection than the one the app uses so while it's a good sign, it doesn't help explain anything about the wheel's inability to talk to the app.

I don't think you'll be able to do the firmware upgrade without being able to connect to the app... if factory reset doesn't work it's time to call your reseller. You might call them anyway—they absolutely know more about the V11 than I do!

• Like 1