Charging Ninebot 1 E+ battery Independently

Thumper0511

Hello,  Can I ask a question around using and charging a NB1 spare battery (E+ in this case).  I have purchased a spare battery and at the same time an additional charge port cable connector (see pic) which is normally secured into the top panel of the NB1 and connects to the battery with the black and yellow cables.  Does anyone else charge a spare battery by just connecting the battery to this charge port cable and then plugging in the power adapter at the other end.

What are folks views on how safe this is as, in essence, I seem to only be replicating how the battery is charged when sitting in my NB1.  Does it matter that it is not connected to the main board via the other wire whilst charging? - i.e. does connecting it to the main board earth the thing or something similar.  I was planning on drilling a whole into a plastic box to secure the charge port and then placing the battery onto the box to charge (without having to swap with the one in NB1).

CHargePort Connector.jpg

You are perfectly fine charging a battery in this way.  The Battery Management System on the battery handles the balancing and protection of the cells during charging and does not rely on the control board in the Ninebot in any way.

Hi Rotator, thanks for this :-) I was actually thinking about this today but in terms of securing the battery itself.  I currently just use the supplied double sided sticky pads (as I don't often remove the battery and this works just fine).  I'm going to use a few Velcro tabs to secure the batteries to the NB1 now for easy swap (I did think about magnets for this too but decided against it as was not sure if strong magnets would affect the battery or BMS adversely).  I like the idea of magnets for the cover though and I guess the light rings helps to hold the pad on too.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 12, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Rotator said:

@logos122 have made a mod in the battery cushion with magnets so he can easily change the battery without screwdriver.

I asked him pictures and he told me he will send them.

I think you can be interested on them as well :)

Sorry the photos were too many megabytes to upload. I made a video instead. 

Archived