Wanted: Sherman Diagrams / fuses /Battery advice/Volts (version 2)

WILSONEUC

I need a detailed explanation of the following

Can someone point me to aa diagram or a detail explanation of what each of the wires and components do on my Sherman?
-which is battery cable (main concern)
(Diagrams with arrows pointing to components and cables  with captions will be the most helpful to me)

Also I have 50 amp fuses, do i really need the 30 amp supplied by ewheels? What is the significance of having 50 amp vs 30 amp?

With the battery, what would be the best battery and charging practices with my Sherman?
-long storage
-short storage
-balancing and the significance of doing so. How often
-charging to a certain percentage, ect.

How do i calculate VOLTs on my wheel? Like I am not sure what is lowest, mid way ect. 

Thanks, im tech saavy when it comes to building PC's but very unsure about electric unicycle engineering and calculation of volts, battery practices .  The more i know, the better

Edited by WILSON-YT

41 minutes ago, WILSON-YT said:

Also I have 50 amp fuses, do i really need the 30 amp supplied by ewheels? What is the significance of having 50 amp vs 30 amp?

30 amp will blow when 30 or more amps are drawn from the battery for at least a second, and a 50 amp fuse will wait until 50 amps are drawn for at least a second... so if there's truly a fault, the 30 amp should (emphasis intentional) detect the fault and disconnect the battery a fraction of a second before the 50 amp fuse. But because it needs less current to blow, there's a teeny tiny really small chance that it will 'false positive' and blow when there really isn't a persistent dead short in your system. I think LK switched to 30 amp fuses throughout, so changing to 30 amp is a good idea

With the battery, what would be the best battery and charging practices with my Sherman?
-long storage
-short storage
-balancing and the significance of doing so. How often
-charging to a certain percentage, ect.

Long storage: 40%-60%
Short storage: whatever, including 100%
Balancing: as often as you possibly can, allowing your batteries to get out of balance will shorten the pack's lifespan and may present a fire hazard
Charging to a certain percentage: as often as you can, charge to 100% and leave it on the charger for an hour or two after the charger light goes green. It's fine to do a partial charge, but do make every effort to full charge+hour or two as often as you possibly can. DO NOT, repeat... DO NOT follow the 80% rule and routinely stop charging at 80%. This rule applies to single cell systems like those in your phone, it's absolutely the wrong rule for packs of cells like we have in our wheels.

How do i calculate VOLTs on my wheel? Like I am not sure what is lowest, mid way ect. 

I think Shermans will kick you off at somewhere around 76-77V but don't know the exact number. Basically when you get below 80V, consider it like the yellow 'get gas now' light in your car/truck.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 2