Warming up to Sell 2019 InMotion V8 in US

[Edited]  Original title, "Curious what your idea is ... "

I am not in any hurry to sell but am willing to if you are interested.

I have an InMotion V8 (that's right, V8) with around 200 miles on it.  Excellent condition.  It has an Inmotion cover on it & an extra 3A rapid charger.  I bought it in late 2019 for a grand.  Rode the 200 miles between April of 2020 & May 2021 when I upgraded to a KS16X.

I haven't ridden the V8 since.   My daughter doesn't want to ride it so it's sitting around collecting dust.  I power it on occasionally to keep the battery active ... or I should say in the semi-charged condition for storage purposes.

What do think would be a fair price to sell this machine for?

Thank you in advance for your honest input.

Edited by Hangman

It depends also on where you sell, e.g. US market may offer less than EU. So where are you?

based off of post history, OP is in the states. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Another major variable is the condition of the EUC. Knowing that it has 200 miles helps, but is this thing trashed and held together with duct tape? Or is it in showroom condition and still a mirror finish?

200 miles is low. I'd say the range for a used v8 is decent due to many people wanting to save some scratch on their first wheel. These older Inmotions are one of the few entry budget options out there typically.

Given 2 years of age and 200 miles, I'd say:

- Any trashed unit that this is safe to ride (no battery issues, or odd electronics behaviors) is worth at the very least 300 bucks. 

- Minor/moderate scuffs and scratches (but not trashed) would be around $550

- Showroom condition or close could eek out $650, $700 max to the right buyer.

• 4 weeks later...

You are correct Denny,

On 3/22/2022 at 12:54 PM, Denny Paul said:

OP is in the states

My bad for not mentioning it but then again, I am look'n at the idea of selling, noth'n serious yet ...   Yet.

Some pics:

image.thumb.png.8327cd9888fd9bbc19dc9dad722cb9ba.png

This first one is after I wiped it down.  The other shows the dust accumulated on the wheel.  As I mentioned earlier, it's collecting dust.

I put the InMotion sleeve on it when I first got the wheel, turned off the illuminating side lights ... and the cover hasn't come off since.

I charged it just a little over a week ago.  Again hoping I can talk my daughter into riding it but alas, she just doesn't ...   😯

image.thumb.png.3d1db8e704e0989d5557b302c08f553c.png

I just realized I don't have a pic of the tire itself.  Gotta work on that.

Shipping a 50lb box via UPS is a stupid $330 ...

Shipping the same 50lb box via FedEx is $45 ...

Whasssup wi'dat ?

If anyone is semi-serious in purchasing, ask me what info & pics you want.  I am warming up to the idea of selling it.

Also remember to remind me to wipe the owners info from the serial number so you won't have any issues.  Gotta figure that one out.

Edited by Hangman

• Hangman changed the title to Warming up to Sell 2019 InMotion V8 in US
45 minutes ago, Hangman said:

You are correct Denny,

My bad for not mentioning it but then again, I am look'n at the idea of selling, noth'n serious yet ...   Yet.

Some pics:

image.thumb.png.8327cd9888fd9bbc19dc9dad722cb9ba.png

This first one is after I wiped it down.  The other shows the dust accumulated on the wheel.  As I mentioned earlier, it's collecting dust.

I put the InMotion sleeve on it when I first got the wheel, turned off the illuminating side lights ... and the cover hasn't come off since.

I charged it just a little over a week ago.  Again hoping I can talk my daughter into riding it but alas, she just doesn't ...   😯

image.thumb.png.3d1db8e704e0989d5557b302c08f553c.png

I just realized I don't have a pic of the tire itself.  Gotta work on that.

Shipping a 50lb box via UPS is a stupid $330 ...

Shipping the same 50lb box via FedEx is $45 ...

Whasssup wi'dat ?

If anyone is semi-serious in purchasing, ask me what info & pics you want.  I am warming up to the idea of selling it.

Also remember to remind me to wipe the owners info from the serial number so you won't have any issues.  Gotta figure that one out.

Are you in ohio by chance ?

3 minutes ago, Dosingpsychedelics said:

Are you in ohio by chance ?

No, I'm in Fargo or go Far, North Dakota.  Can't find anybody up here to ride with ... well there is @bobpaul.  We've been swapping stories for over a year now but haven't been able to connect yet.

40 minutes ago, Hangman said:

No, I'm in Fargo or go Far, North Dakota.  Can't find anybody up here to ride with ... well there is @bobpaul.  We've been swapping stories for over a year now but haven't been able to connect yet.

Yeah I’ve never seen an euc on the road or in person anywhere near where I live ..I’m out in the country pretty close to Lodi ,ohio lots of horse and buggy ‘s and Amish around me .I’m sure they would be fascinated seeing someone on one of these zooming by 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1