V11 won't charge with ewheels charger

wstuart

So I have a V8, V10F and a V11.  My ewheels charger will charge my v8 and v10f, but it won't charge the v11.  The stock 2.5 charger that came with the v11 will charge it though.  I feel like there's something I'm missing here. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2022 at 10:59 AM, wstuart said:

So I have a V8, V10F and a V11.  My ewheels charger will charge my v8 and v10f, but it won't charge the v11.  The stock 2.5 charger that came with the v11 will charge it though.  I feel like there's something I'm missing here. 

So I'm guessing Inmotion either had an oversight or decided it was time for a change.  The pinout changed on the charger for the V11 as compared to the V8 and V10.  I ran into the same problem and bought an adapter.  Next question you probably have is where to get the adapter, looking for that info right now.  It's been a while since I had the V11.

Edited by Senior Coffee

Above is a link where I posted about it on the forum previously.  Here is a website I found that has this adapter.  I don't know if more companies have it.

https://hulaj.market/en/inmotion-v11/147-inmotion-v8-v10-to-v11-power-supply-adapter.html

Edited by Senior Coffee

I ran into the same problem when I tried to use the factory charger of my V10F and also the quick charger I had bought for my V10F for charging my V11.

The V11 charging port requires the juice to flow through different pins of the GX12-3 plug they use than the V10F. SInce I had already had to make an adapter for the quick charger ( I had orderd it with what looked like a GX12-3 plug on amazon but turned out to be an identical looking but much larger GX16-3 plug) I just made another adapter for the V11. 

• Upvote 1