Nikola+ (100v) dc-dc conversion board failure

siffleur

My nikola+ just had the Bluetooth speaker, fan, headlight, side LEDs, and rear light stop working. Meanwhile the beeper, spin stop button, and power button still work. These seem to be exactly the dividing line on what things are powered off the dc-dc converter board.

I can’t find any components that are clearly blown. Does my diagnosis make sense to you? Is there anywhere I can purchase one of these boards?

Thanks!

https://ibb.co/10HdTPx

https://ibb.co/ggzKxr1

Screen-Shot-2022-03-09-at-12-53-38-PM.png

Edited by RagingGrandpa
(img url)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately, very hard to tell if the issue is in the daughterboard or the main.

If any of your locals have a similar daughterboard from a blown controller, I recommend trying it in your wheel...

Otherwise, finding a new replacement would be a difficult gamble, since the design has been updated multiple times (you need exactly your revision, not the latest one), and it still might be a problem with the mainboard.

• Like 1

Found the offending IC on the dc-dc converter board. If anyone knows what chip this is, I’d love to reflow or resolder it. Any info is appreciated. This is on the 12v side. The 5v side magically started working again after I did some cleaning. 

F56F182C-3FFA-46AD-8CC4-4AC0FB211400.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1