Move your beeper to the outside, especially gotways!

Denny Paul

Jeez these things are just irresponsibly quiet. So here’s a simple solution. Its the first thing I do for any gotway wheel that goes faster than 30mph.

It’s as easy as opening the wheel itself. The beeper is white, and usually on a wire long enough to be moved. It’s mounted in the wheel with self tapping wood screws, also easy to remove and relocate. No parts required! And you don’t need to mess with anything electrical! 

Not that gotways are waterproof to begin with, but you can limit ingress by just cutting a small notch in the side shell, and that will also avoid pinching the wires. A tiny slot will do. And if you can’t get the beeper to point up, that’s okay, you can hear it much better even if it’s facing another way.

The beepers are more robust than you think. They have been hit in some small spills and are still working, though I’m sure they’ll break if it’s hit perfectly wrong. I don’t ride in the rain, so I can’t speak to how long this will last if the beeper gets wet occasionally. You’re only risking a cheap beeper breaking if something goes wrong, which is a plug and play replacement.

Still, the pros outweigh the cons. I can easily and confidently hear my beeps at 40+. No connecting Bluetooth alarms, just power on and enjoy the ride!

59013408-9B48-4070-9F47-E143B43206E3.thumb.jpeg.959ad5f1058ef1c7bf08fc6aaa11f9a9.jpeg

Edited by Denny Paul
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Adding this. Just got my monster pro today. The beeper looks very different, and is super fragile. Routed it to behind the speaker cover for more protection. Luckily the cover actually fits the beeper inside it, you just have to clip only one of the plastic wings (where the screw normally holds it) of the beeper.

F1A0930C-B784-4D00-AF29-5519CF0ECB93.thumb.jpeg.062aa2b3ea50d29fd738bca2e5cd41be.jpeg

FFA9F174-5E27-411F-AA82-F3FC434CD020.thumb.jpeg.cdbebff5b57135f439f61aa5d4df2322.jpeg

EA8C8EE3-F3AF-435A-9D7D-45A8671FE1B0.thumb.jpeg.cb13f302fed96eae1609408c05d86499.jpeg

Edited by Denny Paul