Veteran Sherman 2.0 or Abrams?

I have a Veteran Abrams on reserve atm and I'm highly shrugging towards the new Sherman especially after loving the last Sherman and having to return it to owner because it wasn't as advertised (BMS issues etc). I'm worried about a couple things between the two, firstly the video that I linked below sorta has me a bit iffy for the Abrams now and its promise to be waterproofed seems to be ..yikes as well as its weird shell design allowing water near the batteries right next to the rim, it has a truly one of a kind to have an inner shell so different. 

The sherman seems to be ok in this department from what I saw on the August 2021 I had briefly the only thing that worries me with the Sherman is the new motor and firmware in the 2022 edition. Isn't it essentially a new wheel? Should I be worried? Other than that the Sherman after only 200 miles ridden rides like a dream and I know it because I've experienced it, the only difference will be the slight weight bump and some torque.

Secondly the Abrams is big so that's a plus as I'm 6 feet tall and seated riding could be nice, the Abrams looks color imo but does that really justify keeping my reservation? I guess what I'm trying to say is can anyone convince me not to get the Abrams and go for the long range Sherman instead? I'm like 50% / 50% on this next purchase! Maybe I should just wait til summer to get the Abrams as it would be battle tested by then?

Edited by catchi
  • Like 1

I have zero useable information, but I am full of bad opinions and most of them uninformed. Fwiw, I enjoy my sherman and havent hardly bothered entertaining the idea of looking at another large format wheel. I figure: they got enough of it right, I'm not rolling the dice again for a while. I have one of the original v1's I can't say I trust it as much as my 18XL, but I do trust it enough to keep riding it. I had the sherman open a time or two, and it kind of seems simplistic and shouldnt prove tough to make fairly water-resistant. As for seated riding... I wouldnt worry about wheel height so much, as adding a spacer is a lot easier than compromising in ANY areas, just to gain an inch of shell height from factory. Wheel diameter however, isnt something you can adjust to taste.

Shouldnt there be a lesson here for those that still can't grasp the reality? New formats and 'updated' revisions means jack squat. Marketing and common sense tries to convince us that each revision is a step forwards. Most of us in the game for any timeline, know that its all BS. These companies arent continually improving, they are simply innovating and often in too much a damn hurry. Profits above all else, thats for sure. Sometimes newer IS better, sometimes revisions are improvements. Sometimes.....not so much.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2