kingsong 16s battery replacement?

Munifool

I recently aquired a ks-16s with the 420 Wh single battery pack. I am aware that many 16s come with double 420s making 840 Wh. How feasible would it be to buy a kingsong 420 pack and install it along with the existing 420 pack to achieve 840 Wh capacity?

• Like 1

It should be as easy as buying the pack and plugging it in (making sure that they are both at the same voltage). The 16s board should have two battery connectors 3 pin xt60 (one per pack). The packs themselves should have two connectors (one 3pin xt60 and one little red one with a single wire). You might also need the red wire that goes between the packs, it is literally a single red wire.  It would help if you could attach pictures so we can see if you have all the connectors there or not.

You may want to change the firmware too so you don't get speed throttling too early (not necessary).

Note: I don't know about mixing old packs with a new one, maybe a different member with more knowledge could chime in?

• Like 1