Problem V8 flashing red.

Electric Uni-Psyco

Im having a problem with my V8.  Id like to know if anybody else has had this issue to?  

When i power it on, rgb lights start flashing red and then it powers off.  Im certain the red flashing lights indicate a problem, i just don't know what the problem is.  Anybody know what the flashing red lights mean?

5 minutes ago, UNIbomber said:

Im having a problem with my V8.  Id like to know if anybody else has had this issue to?  

When i power it on, rgb lights start flashing red and then it powers off.  Im certain the red flashing lights indicate a problem, i just don't know what the problem is.  Anybody know what the flashing red lights mean?

Have you checked to see if your wheel is in transportation mode?

10 hours ago, UNIbomber said:

Thanks EUCandME.   I did not check transportation mode.  This is the second instance it has occurred. I powered it on again and no red lights.  It has cut out on me for no reason before and im afraid it will do it again.  Do the red lights mean transportation mode?

No problem! The only time i have personally witnessed my red light flash is when i am either breaking or transportation mode is on. If it has cut out on you then that would no be transportation mode as it should disengage the motor completely. Could you paint the picture for me when your cut-out occurred? Where were you going? What type of terrain? Hills? Speed? Etc. 

One cutout was going too speed and hitting a big pothole.  Two were just me overpowering the wheel.  And one was a bad connection when i did some rewiring.  But it was working fine and i put it away for the night and next morning went to go ride and the rbs leds started flashing red.  This is the second time.  After the first time... it randomly started to work again.  And same thing now.  Its working again bro.  This thing is a death trap.  Im waiting on ewheels to get a Nikola+ battery  pack so i can buy the nik+ from them.

What do you ride?

Just now, UNIbomber said:

One cutout was going too speed and hitting a big pothole.  Two were just me overpowering the wheel.  And one was a bad connection when i did some rewiring.  But it was working fine and i put it away for the night and next morning went to go ride and the rbs leds started flashing red.  This is the second time.  After the first time... it randomly started to work again.  And same thing now.  Its working again bro.  This thing is a death trap.  Im waiting on ewheels to get a Nikola+ battery  pack so i can buy the nik+ from them.

What do you ride?

Sounds like a death trap mate. What were you rewiring may i ask? I ride the V10F I love it to bits. All though i am watching the v12 as potential upgrade after a year or so. 

Xt60 plug popped and got charred so i was replacing that connecter from batt to board.  I cant be certain but im just assuming it was a bad connection.  After re rewiring it, it worked, no cutout since then.  

I have a v10f battery pack im about to list here.  Bought it by mistake.  Need to sell it if you ever need another pack.  

V12 looks good.  I almost bought one.  Decided to go with rs19 ht but its stuck on the ship anchored off of Long Beach California.  Too many ships to offload.  So im going to go with Nik+ instead.  Ive only ever rode inmotion.  Only been riding a year but an upgrade is long overdue.

29 minutes ago, UNIbomber said:

Xt60 plug popped and got charred so i was replacing that connecter from batt to board.  I cant be certain but im just assuming it was a bad connection.  After re rewiring it, it worked, no cutout since then.  

I have a v10f battery pack im about to list here.  Bought it by mistake.  Need to sell it if you ever need another pack.  

V12 looks good.  I almost bought one.  Decided to go with rs19 ht but its stuck on the ship anchored off of Long Beach California.  Too many ships to offload.  So im going to go with Nik+ instead.  Ive only ever rode inmotion.  Only been riding a year but an upgrade is long overdue.

My V10F is a month old so probably won't be needing a pack anytime soon. Thank you for the offer though. Inmotion is a great company for reliability. I would also love an rs however i hear to many horror storys about Gotway so i have lost confidence. I would at some point like to try kingsong wheels. And possibly the sherman. Wrong way did a comprehensive review on the Nik+ and he loved it so i have no doubts it is a great wheel! 

Edited by EUCandME

• 3 weeks later...