Issue installing new battery - Need advice

EUCMasterRace

I received a new battery and I need to make sure both batteries are at the same voltage before installing. I’ve removed the old battery and I’m trying to charge the single remaining battery to the correct voltage but it won’t charge. The battery on the display keeps flashing and the charger turns on and off (fan noise). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! 

23 hours ago, EUCMasterRace said:

I received a new battery and I need to make sure both batteries are at the same voltage before installing. I’ve removed the old battery and I’m trying to charge the single remaining battery to the correct voltage but it won’t charge. The battery on the display keeps flashing and the charger turns on and off (fan noise). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! 

If only one pack is connected the bms will not charge it past 96v. Ride with one pack connected so it goes below 96v, then let it charge until the charger turns green. It will then be at 96v exactly. Then disconnect that pack from the board and do the same process with the other pack. Connect them both when they are both at 96v and then you will be able to charge to 100v. Let them fully charge until you get the green light and then leave the charger plugged in for another hour after the green light to balance the packs. If you have any concerns if they both charged to the same 100v level you can disconnect each pack afterwards and verify the voltage of each one by only having one connected. 

BTW to check the voltage you press and hold the bottom left button for 10 seconds 

Edited by MrRobot
  • Like 3