Help! Max speed in DarknessBot is way off!

I searched Google and this forum to see if anyone else has experienced this issue, but didn’t find any answers.

I recently picked up a ks16x, and have taken it out for a few rides. I currently have the first speed alarm set at 22 and tiltback at 25, yet Darknessbot seems to think I’ve gone 42.2mph!!! Now I’m no physicist, but I’m pretty sure this is impossible.

Anyone have a clue what might be going on here? If the speed is that far off, should I be worried about anything else being inaccurate (mileage, speed alarms, etc?)

1-B5-C4308-863-D-4-E6-A-99-C9-60-C222965

Oops, nevermind - I figured this out. A few minutes ago I stupidly put my wheel on its stand before turning it off and the motor spun up to like a screaming banshee from hell while the friendly robot man screamed “PLEASE DECELERATE!!!” at me (my wife - who was in bed at the time - was not amused). I checked the darknessbot app immediately after, and sure enough - 45.6mph!

A similar thing also happened the other day when I fumbled the wheel and tried to catch it by the handle, which explains the previous high reading. Adding this to my growing list of “things not to do”!

Runaway EUC on a stand always fun to discover, good thing it didn't fall off the stand—skid marks on the flooring and a big dent in the wall cost husband points.

That's referred to as the max or free spin limit, it's a rough estimate of how fast the wheel can turn before it says enough is enough. Since there's no resistance to speak of, the power draw isn't exceptionally high and over power cutoff won't happen. You see folk testing wheels' free spin because faster is a very shiny object.

You can turn the robot voice off in the apps, or have it speak Chinese. Using Chinese reduces the number of bystanders that know you're going too fast. And you get to learn some Chinese! You still get the beeps with the voice off, so it is a viable option.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1