First ride after rain.

Finally got a chance to try to ride today. Semi wet tennis court at a park this morning, after thunderstorms. Let me tell you hauling this out the trunk was a pita. 60-70lb? 

So....I hopped on first time held on the fence and tried to move forward. 2 hrs later managed to get 1-3 ft before tipping over, or grabbing fence. I learned the hard way, that you need speed to move.

Basically you have to lean forward, i was hopping on trying to balance and then move. So when you hop on you gotta start moving right or it will tip over? Leaning forward? Otherwise it would just be a balancing act with no momentum.

Last 10 minutes of practice i finally built confidence to let go of the fence and go in to the open, nope not today. Fell at every attempt. Prolly should go back to fence to practice launching tommorow.

I'm sore all over, got banged up pretty bad those last 10 minutes without the wall. Honestly thinking I should buy a 2nd hand smaller and less heavy euc to practice on 🤔. The biggest hurdle is trying to stay on it more then 3 seconds without support.

If weather permits I'll try to luck again tommorow morning. I know it's gonna be a blast when I get the hang of it. I did get little short burst of happiness when I was able to move it 1-3ft with no support, lol. In the end my RS got scrapped up pretty good trying to learn.

Going to Florida soon for vacation, hopefully I can learn to ride before I go. Would be nice to cruise the beach areas in a euc. If I don't learn to ride in a month, I'll prolly be taking my esk8 instead😭.

• Like 1

2hrs yesterday stuck to Wall practicing. After watching more videos over night, decided that the wall was my crutch, now only using the wall to mount the euc. I still can't launch it without support, I tried kick starting and hopping on, but this thing is too heavy. Decided to get and try to stay on longer then 10 sec......after 2 hrs of just launching myself from wall, I can ride it! Staying on longer then 10 seconds was a hell of an accomplishment.

Gotta work on stopping and mounting, I notice that once I get it going it gets a little more easy to control. Got in 4 hrs total practice so far and my calves are killing me from pressing it against the euc. Its all sore and red, plus the skin is peeling off😭. Now that confidence is starting to build up. I might be able to take my euc on vacation, still got a month left to practice.

Honestly after that first session, I 2nd guessed myself and thought about selling the euc for another esk8. Glad I didn't give up. 

https://vimeo.com/568562150

10 minutes ago, Esk8itsOver9000 said:

Honestly after that first session, I 2nd guessed myself and thought about selling the euc for another esk8. Glad I didn't give up. 

https://vimeo.com/568562150

I finally tried an esk8. It is going to be a VERY expensive 5 minute test, as NOW I want one.

I learned just standing in a yard. Tbh, I find it really tough to use walls. I can't say I've ever ridden to the point that skin peels. Don't underestimate the learning while you rest. SOUnds like you're having fun, and thats the point! So you gna sell me that stupid boring esk8 now, for about $50? People that run around bragging about how simply they learned to ride an euc, should be kicked in the shin. I bet theres a LOT of people who listened to that tripe and gave up too soon. For some it MAY be easy, but for others... not so much. Glad you didnt give up too quickly. If it had taken you 2 weeks (while everyone says how easy it is), would you have bothered? :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

People that run around bragging about how simply they learned to ride an euc, should be kicked in the shin.

I'd better don the shin guards. I've never been any good at anything to do with a skateboard. I have an MBS mountain board I use for kite surfing on the grass. I've had it for 20 years. I was contemplating converting it to a diy esk8.

• Like 1

Lol, I'm on my 5th esk8. Tried hubs, belt, gear drives, now I'm on direct drives. They each have their own perks and flaws. As for getting a esk8 100% get one they are fun too, just do your research before getting one. I usually hop on mine then ride it around like a go kart. I actually go faster then some of them at 30mph+.  There's a few go karts and quads around, and I always get weird looks when they see me flying past them.

The thing about esk8 is you can be stationary, something on the euc I gotta get use too. Yeah, I'm having blast learning to ride and it's a hell of a workout. Full blown sweat after my sessions, felt like i ran 5miles. Prolly more fun then esk8 ATM, hands free is awesome. Once I get good at this will prolly be the main toy.

Edited by Esk8itsOver9000
  • Like 1